08-29-2009 12:55 AM
1) My problems started when I upgraded to PM 3.5: system instability, overheating, and battery run-down. I finally eliminated PM 3.5 and it is running better, but still seems to be running more hot than before.
2) Question: can I take the battery out when running on AC current?
3) Also, do the batteries for the X61 also fit for the X61s?
08-29-2009 01:01 AM
1) download TPfancontrol and check your system temp and fan speed.
2) Yes, but not recommended as the battery acts as a UPS, which prevents your laptop from shutdown if there is an accidental plug pull from the ac socket, or brown out/black out.