Support in other languages: 
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Ctrl-Alt-Del
artami

internal microphone not working (again)

[ Edited ]

My internal microphone has stopped working. I have a ThinkPad x201i, running Windows 7, 64 bits. 

Both  the motherboard and the mic have been replaced. Everytime the mic works when I get my laptop back, but a few hours or a day later it stops working again. 

I downlowded the latest dirver.  I deleted and let Windows reinstall the driver. 

Any idea what to do?

Thanks!

Guru
Mornsgrans

Betreff: internal microphone not working

Check the Mixer/Audio settings whether Mic is turned on.

Depending on the used software it might happen, that it disables the microphone while ending the program (Skype, ICQ etc.)

--------------------------------
My home-forum: http://www.thinkpad-forum.de
Wiki: Deutsches ThinkPad-Wiki English ThinkWiki
My ThinkPad-Collection
Ctrl-Alt-Del
artami

Betreff: internal microphone not working

Thanksa lot!  It's now fixed. 

In case someone else has similar problem, here's the details:

control panel / sound / manage audio devices

Go to the recording tab, click  "internal microphone", then properites

then in the "level" tab make sure the mic is not muted (even if the level is at 100%....)

Ctrl-Alt-Del
artami

internal microphone not working

After some preriod of things working fine, the initial problem reoccrued. So I deleted the microphone driver, restarted the laptop, Windows updated thedriver and things were good again.

Then a few days ago it stopped workingg again... So I deleted the driver again, etc... But this time with no success.

The mic is NOT muted. I have the latest Lenovo driver. 

The only new software installed recently is the usual Windows updates. Which I am starting to wonder if they are not  the ones messing things up.

Thanks for any suggestions

Ctrl-Alt-Del
artami

Re: internal microphone not working

Any suggestions?

(other than  phoning Lenovo...)

What's DOS?
bubbsea

Re: internal microphone not working (again)

When my internal microphone in my Lenovo ThinkPad running Windows 7 stopped working unexpectedly and I found so many posts reporting similar faults I wondered if I had bought a lemon.  Clearly it was the inernal microphone as the microphone in a headset was still operating successfully. The following startegies proved unsuccessful:

obvious checks such as ensuring microphone not muted

update drivers

unistrall controller/reinstall controller

Eventually and almost by chancve the problem was resoolved by

Start/Control Panel/Sound/Recording/[select device]/Configure/Set up microphone/[check any option]

No option had previously been checked.or any previous option had become unchecked.

Why checking that the recording device was a headset microphone or a desktop microphone should work when it is clearly not is beyond me.