Support in other languages: 
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Punch Card
kaitanium

need new x40 battery - recommendations?

looks like im pretty much out of luck to get a genuine/oem battery (and one at a good price) for my old laptop. does anyone have any recommendations on which generic i shuold get? last thing i want is a battery exploding on me or one with cells that die after a week of usage. im going for the small 4 cell batts. thanks much!

ajkula66
Kudos: 757
Solutions: 800

Re: need new x40 battery - recommendations?

Since my personal experiences with generic batteries have been rather pathetic to say the very least, I usually recommend looking for a NOS (new old stock) batteries on eBay, as well as checking Lenovo's Outlet several times daily.

I've gotten lucky in the past with both of these sources, even for machines significantly older than X40. YMMV.

Cheers,

George

In daily use: R60F, R500F, T61, T410

Collecting dust: T60

Enjoying retirement: A31p, T42p,

Non-ThinkPads: Panasonic CF-31 & CF-52, HP 8760W

Starting Thursday, 08/14/2014 I'll be away from the forums until further notice. Please do NOT send private messages since I won't be able to read them. Thank you.
Punch Card
kaitanium

my experiences with generic batts have been pathetic also. 

but even used batteries are iffy. i picked up a "good" condition genuine 8cell one on ebay not too long ago and i bet even a 4 cell generic would outlast that one.

i wish there was still a way to buy new. oh tech...

topmahof
Topics: 35
Kudos: 351
Solutions: 235

[ Edited ]

You  could check out over here in the Marketplace and maybe register and put a wanted to buy ad in.

Good reputable sellers.

Dave

Edit:  typos

If someone helped you today, pay it forward. Help Someone Else!
English English Community   Deutsche Deutsche Community   Español Comunidad en Español   ru.gif Русскоязычное Сообщество
Punch Card
kaitanium

[ Edited ]

which generics have you used, just wondering.

thinking about trying a lenmar battery