Support in other languages: 
Blue Screen Again
aderkon

using hotkey Fn+F7 to extend desktop onto monitor

have an X60, running Windows XP.

I can extend the desktop fine by going to Control Panel/display etc.

But I don't want to have to open three windows and have to click several times with my cursor every time I want to do this.

When I go to Presentation Director and add a scheme to my Fn+F7 choices to extend the desktop onto my external monitor, and try to apply it or test the scheme, I get the message, "Your computer is not attached to an external monitor or projector. Attach one and then select this scheme again."

I've tried unplugging and replugging, having all different schemes up when I try to apply or test the scheme this keeps happening. I also downloaded what I believe to be the latest version of Presentation Director from this site.

Like I said, extending the desktop works fine from Control Panel/Display. Also, pretty much every other scheme seems to work from Presentation Director or Fn+F7 -- having the desktop duplicated, having the external monitor be the primary one, having different resolutions all have been preset as schemes and they toggle fine. It's when I try to add the one scheme I want that I get this erroneous message.

thanks for your help, this is a really irksome bug.

Blue Screen Again
aderkon

Re: using hotkey Fn+F7 to extend desktop onto monitor

so no one knows about this in the whole Lenovo community?
Paper Tape
blindguy

Re: using hotkey Fn+F7 to extend desktop onto monitor

I'v had this problem for over a month.  No one knows how to seems to fix it.