Support in other languages: 
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Blue Screen Again
amir1981

vertical yellow line on the screen

Hi,

Today my x201 tablet start to show a vertical yellow line on the screen. It seems permanent and not related to OS etc (It is existed right after starting the computer) So it seems I have to change the  LCD screen.  I have several questions:

1-Is the warrenty for the screen the same as the computer?  (I bought it in summer 2010  and the warraenty for the compyter is expired)

2-How much is a new screen x201 tablet? Is there any local shop to  change it (I live in Philly)

thanks

Guru
hausman

Re: vertical yellow line on the screen

amir1981 wrote:

Hi,

Today my x201 tablet start to show a vertical yellow line on the screen. It seems permanent and not related to OS etc (It is existed right after starting the computer) So it seems I have to change the  LCD screen.  I have several questions:

1-Is the warrenty for the screen the same as the computer?  (I bought it in summer 2010  and the warraenty for the compyter is expired)

2-How much is a new screen x201 tablet? Is there any local shop to  change it (I live in Philly)

thanks

Have you tried to connect the X201 to an external monitor in order to confirm that this is truly a failed LCD panel? It's possible that there's a problem with the graphics chip on the motherboard or with the ribbon cable or other connection to the LCD panel.

In any case, if the system has a 1-year warranty that has expired then you will have to pay for repairs no matter which component has failed.

You can find a local Lenovo authorized repair center using Lenovo Support - Service Provider Locator (US)

amir1981

Yeah, the  other  monitor  works  just fine

thanks

Hiro
Kudos: 88
Solutions: 22

Hey Amir1981,

That's great that it works on another screen it would seem then that it's not an LCD issues and you can now try to troubleshoot the other areas or send it in. You can find a repair center like Hausman suggested too.

The warranty is the same for the computer and screen is correct and by your post your warranty is expired.

So you would then have to pay for any repairs, being as from hausman suggestion we are now able to see that it is not the LCD screen that's damaged. The price for repair can change depending on what now is causing the issue.

I would suggest checking your graphic drivers and making sure they are update, and check your display settings.

If we can be of anymore help please come back and let us know.

Best Regards,

Hiro

Did you find a post Awesome? A response just Outstanding? Kudo them!
Did the post you read answer your question? Did someone help you figure out your problem? Hit Solution Provided and give that person a pat on the back for helping you out!
Blue Screen Again
amir1981

Hi Hiro, I don't  understand how  you think LCD is  fine?  The yellow  line is there even when I into BIOS. There should be something run with the screen  not graphic card  since  when I  connect aonther monitor there is no yellow line. Can you clirify please? 

Hiro
Kudos: 88
Solutions: 22

Hey Amir1981,

I'm sry I had misread the post and your right it is the LCD monitor on your tablet and by using the connection to another monitor you can rule out the graphic card and such. It could still be the cable to the LCD screen and or just the LCD screen.

Once again sorry for my mistake (its been a long day).

Best Regards,

Hiro

Did you find a post Awesome? A response just Outstanding? Kudo them!
Did the post you read answer your question? Did someone help you figure out your problem? Hit Solution Provided and give that person a pat on the back for helping you out!