Support in other languages: 
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
What's DOS?
transamlarry

x100e wireless dropping

hey all this is my first post to the forum.  I bought my x100e about three months ago, and the wireless internet has been dropping.  i've done some research and see that this could be due to some power settings or updating to the newest thinkvantage version.  well ive done both of those things and they havent helped.

has anyone found a definite way how to solve this?  its a shame, this is the only complaint i have about the laptop, which is really becoming annoying.

topmahof
Topics: 35
Kudos: 350
Solutions: 234

Re: x100e wireless dropping

[ Edited ]

One of the problems with windows 7 is that there are power settings everywhere.  You might have missed one.

control panel, power options, change your plan settings, change advanced power settings, wireless adapter settings, power saving mode, make sure that maximum performance is chosen on battery as well as plugged in.

Then in control panel, device manager, open your wireless adapter, under power management, uncheck, "allow the computer to turn off this device to save power."

That's just in windows.    It should be checked by default, but make sure wake on lan is enabled in the bios.

If you're using access connections, there's power settings in there also. I don't use access connections but I think the settings are under global settings.

oh yeh, almost forgot, welcome to the forums.

If someone helped you today, pay it forward. Help Someone Else!
English English Community   Deutsche Deutsche Community   Español Comunidad en Español   ru.gif Русскоязычное Сообщество