Support in other languages: 
What's DOS?
Darkside34
Accepted Solution

x120e Bluetooth non-existant?

I ordered my laptop from cdw (will post link when cdw gets finished with their downtime).

On the one I ordered, it said that bluetooth was included. As a general rule I always re-install windows after I get it, and did the same this time because I had a spare copy of windows 7 ultimate. I re-installed all the levono tools and drivers as normal, but when I got to the bluetooth one it said that my laptop did not have bluetooth. So I opened up the computer just enough to verify that the bluetooth daughter card IS there. So whats going on?

Punch Card
debacler

Re: x120e Bluetooth non-existant?

Make sure the the hotkeys software is installed. Use fn+f5 to turn on the bluetooth.

What's DOS?
Darkside34

I did that to the tee, trying to toggle the bluetooth on by the hotkey does nothing as the bluetooth drivers arent (and wont) install.

Community Moderator
richk

Make sure it is turned on in the BIOS. I don't have the same model here now to check, but normally it is under security/I-O Port access
What's DOS?
Darkside34

Definitely turned on In the bios. The driver still isn't installing and there are no unkown devices in device manager. Is lenovo having issues with defective ones?
Maliha

Hi Darkside34,

What is 7 character product number of your ThinkPad? It looks like 2668-KHU and can be looked up from the back sticker.

Keep us informed.

------------------------------------------------------------

Maliha (I don't work for lenovo)
ThinkPads:- T400[Win 7], T60[Win 7], IBM 240[Win XP]

IdeaPad: U350

Apple:- Macbook Air [Snow Leopard]
Did someone help you today? Compliment them with a
Kudos!
Was your question answered today? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
de.gif  Lenovo Deutsche Community   es.gif  Lenovo Comunidad en Español 
Visit my YouTube Channel

What's DOS?
Darkside34

0596-2pu. That the one your looking for?
Maliha

Thanks, yeah that will do. Wondering what kind of error do you get when the driver doesn't install? In the meantime, load the BIOS to default configuration, reinstall hotkey driver, restart your system, thereafter once the Bluetooth's status is radioed on via Fn+F5, Win 7 should automatically detect it's presence, if it doesn't then install following driver:- http://www-307.ibm.com/pc/support/site.wss/document.do?lndocid=MIGR-70042

Keep us informed.

------------------------------------------------------------

Maliha (I don't work for lenovo)
ThinkPads:- T400[Win 7], T60[Win 7], IBM 240[Win XP]

IdeaPad: U350

Apple:- Macbook Air [Snow Leopard]
Did someone help you today? Compliment them with a
Kudos!
Was your question answered today? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
de.gif  Lenovo Deutsche Community   es.gif  Lenovo Comunidad en Español 
Visit my YouTube Channel

Punch Card
simon60s

I had the same question when I got my X120e. I could not see the presence of bluetooth in the computer.

I just turned it on (Fn+F5), took a cellphone near it and it detected the name of the computer. So I assume it exists, even though it is invisible in the computer.

Paper Tape
kdoggy

[ Edited ]

New X120e owner, same part number as you guys bought from Provantage, listed as having bluetooth etc. Also did a fresh install and I'm having the same issues.

I never noticed if it was working in the factory install though.

Also, I see nothing in the bios about bluetooth and pressing FN+F5 seems to do nothing. The drivers listed above, tried those and they tell me I don't have a bluetooth device either.

Also, I think that hotkey driver package might be broken? It doesn't do a thing for me. I installed it, none of the on screen stuff works, I see no didication that it's even installed other then the folder is IN my programs folder. If I manually go into it and try running some of the .exe's they do nothing that I can tell.

Thoughts? Help? :smileyhappy: