Support in other languages: 
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Guru
ColonelONeill

Re: x201 high pitch whine

What do you mean by "super-fast HDD is unstable"? Have you tried updating all of your drivers? Sometimes it requires a manual install of drivers in lieu of using System Update.

Are you sure you're not bumping the wifi and BT switch on the side occasionally?

All else fails, restore to the preload.
W520: i7-2720QM, Q2000M at 1090/695/1390, 22GB RAM, 500GB HDD, FHD screen
TPT1: 1839-23U, stock ICS
X61T: L7500, 3GB RAM, 500GB HDD, XGA screen, Ultrabase
Paper Tape
jdkfly

[ Edited ]

My X201 is too noisy from I get it on December 2010, SDD drive(no noise), i7-M620 too noisy, like "zzzzzz" especially when I study in library and when it is quiet, you can hear it clearly and I searched for this problem online, it shows the same problem in many guys' X201, CPU Chirping Sound!!! I spend more than $1200 just want to get a satisfied one~

Just very angry and don't know how to show this problem to Lenovo!!! I phoned it before, service said it's not their department, then some tech help? useless and let me go to find a office nearby which should call them in advance~ really troublesome and waste my time, the DELL just send a engineer to your home and check whether there are something wrong in their customer's laptop! If this problem didn't solve, I'll never recommend any of my friends to buy Lenovo product.

Another problem is my 9 cell battery (94wh)! I began to use my laptop on the end of Dec, only till Feb, my battery is only amazingly 80wh left!!!!! and even reduced the designed capacity from 94 to 86.58Wh. 

Only 3 months! the battery suffered a 15% off, How about 1 year!!! how can I believe the quality of Lenovo product again~

Token Ring
BigBossMan

jdkfly wrote:

My X201 is too noisy from I get it on December 2010, SDD drive(no noise), i7-M620 too noisy, like "zzzzzz" especially when I study in library and when it is quiet, you can hear it clearly and I searched for this problem online, it shows the same problem in many guys' X201, CPU Chirping Sound!!! I spend more than $1200 just want to get a satisfied one~

Just very angry and don't know how to show this problem to Lenovo!!! I phoned it before, service said it's not their department, then some tech help? useless and let me go to find a office nearby which should call them in advance~ really troublesome and waste my time, the DELL just send a engineer to your home and check whether there are something wrong in their customer's laptop! If this problem didn't solve, I'll never recommend any of my friends to buy Lenovo product.

Another problem is my 9 cell battery (94wh)! I began to use my laptop on the end of Dec, only till Feb, my battery is only amazingly 80wh left!!!!! and even reduced the designed capacity from 94 to 86.58Wh. 

Only 3 months! the battery suffered a 15% off, How about 1 year!!! how can I believe the quality of Lenovo product again~

The battery capacity reading can change based on the charging setting. If you say charge to 100%, I believe that you will probably get a more palatable capacity reading.

Blue Screen Again
BobSchaefer

Not a solution, but it helps

For those of you whose computers are exhibiting the CPU whine, I've found that it can be masked by a very low volume of white, pink or brown noise. It's not a solution - i.e., it doesn't actually keep the processor from whining. But it hides the offending symptom, and also other distracting background noises.

I'm personally a fan of SimplyNoise (www.simplynoise.com), a free online generator. (It also works offline, I've found, as long as the page has been cached.)

If a fix isn't forthcoming, this at least makes the computer more pleasant to use in very quiet places where the whine would otherwise be distracting.

Hope that helps some of you frustrated users! For what it's worth, I still love my X201, and haven't regretted purchasing it even for a day.

Paper Tape
draak

Re: Not a solution, but it helps

I have found the solution for stopping the chirping ! :manvery-happy:

1) Open Power Manager

2) Go to Power Scheme and change setting to Power Source Optimized

You then notice that your laptop screen become light dark .. don't worry !

3) Then click Apply and Save

You then notice that the chirping stopped :-)

4) Then brighten your laptop screen by pressing the FN button + Home button.

Ready

This works on mine !

PS: The chirping sound only comes back when you change the power scheme back to "Maximum Performance "or "Video Playback"