Support in other languages: 
Fanfold Paper
ziggie216

x220 - Enable Instant resume not possible?

Already updated the power manager to the latest power manager and i'm unable to keep the InstantResume enable. I check the box, click on OK, and when going back to the "Close the lid" window, I see that InstantResume has been disabled again. Running default settings for PowerManger, I have not changed anything.
Retired Employee
Serge1410

Re: x220 - Enable Instant resume not possible?

hey ziggie216,

could you try updating the bios and chipset of your X220 and try the Instant Resume again ?

WW Social Media
Important Note: If you need help, post your question in the forum, and include your system type, model number and OS. Do not post your serial number.

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!

Follow @LenovoForums on Twitter!
Have you checked out the Community Knowledgebase yet?!
How to send a private message? --> Check out this article.
Punch Card
blader

x201i 3626NP4, same problem :smileysad:

I tried different versions of power manager.

earlier it's work, but now...

windows 7 64bit

power manager 3.61

What's DOS?
makutaku

Any resolution on this ?  

My "enable instant resume" checkbox  is also always disabled (and CANNOT BE CHECKED) even though I have always installed the latest updates.

Guru
HiVolt

From what I remember testing the Instant Resume is pretty useless, basically your laptop doesnt go to sleep at all, just keeps on running with the lid closed, so when you open it, duh, it's instantly on.
---------------------
| X220 i7-2620M | 12.5" IPS | Intel 520 Series 180GB Main SSD | Mushkin 120GB mSATA SSD | 8GB RAM | Intel 6205 WiFi | BT | Win7 Pro 64 SP1 |
Punch Card
blader

[ Edited ]

i found solution!

in your thinkpad you must install ThinkVantage Active Protection System, make sure that chekbox(tab Configuration) Enable Active Protection  System is ON. after check Event for Lid Closed: Sleep or Hibernation, and you can use Enable InstantResume.

uhhhhhh.... :smileyhappy:

instantresume.jpg

Serial Port
orangebuddha

I have the same problem. i can select it, but when i reopen power manager, InstantResume is unselected again.

I have a T420s with power manager v6.30. I have a SSD, so i don't have the acitve protection system software installed.

Is that the reason why it doesn't work?