Support in other languages: 
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Blue Screen Again
bt4829
Accepted Solution

x220 Noisy space bar

Just got my new x220, overall it looks like a very solid machine (in true ThinkPad form).

One area of concern:

The spacebar seems noisier than the other keys. It almost feels a little loose and makes an annoying clackety sound when used. The keyboard on my trusty old R51 makes no such noise.

Is this an issue for anyone else? I'm a bit dissapointed in the space bar since ThinkPad keyboards are supposed to be the best out there.

Thanks in advance for reading and replying!

SCSI Port
NSGundy

Re: x220 Noisy space bar

Yes, same here. The click sound of the space bar is considerably higher pitched than any of the other keys. But then again, all the bigger keys (shift, enter, backspace) do sound different. At fist I wasn't so happy about it, but now got used to it.

Gundy 

X220 4286 CTO, i7-2620M, 8GB RAM (2x4), 320GB HDD+Intel mSATA 80 GB, IPS display, BT 3.0, Intel 6205 WiFi, Finger Print Reader, Win7 Pro 64
Blue Screen Again
bt4829

Re: x220 Noisy space bar

[ Edited ]

Thanks Gundy for confirming I am not the only one.

This is very disappointing and unacceptable to me especially given all the other small issues my laptop has (backlight bleed, whiny fan, AWFUL touchpad).

Just got my RMA and am sending it back. I can't believe Lenovo is making me pay 15% plus return shipping. I feel like I've been robbed, and will never buy from this company ever again. RIP ThinkPads. Truly a shame.