Support in other languages: 
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Paper Tape
Hooba

x220 Thin Installer update OS7022ww and OS7024ww issues

Hi guys,

This is my first post on these forums and I appologize if i'm posting in the wrong area.

I have been using Lenovo Update Retriever and Thin Installer to install drivers on our X220 ThinkPads but I'm having issues with both OS7022ww and OS7024ww updates that just refuse to install silently.

Basically they prompt for License Agreement before starting update installation. This stops the automated process and waits for user response which in not what we want.

I have looked at Update Retriever settings for both of these updates and the command lines used are as follows:

Extract Command:

os7022ww_64.exe /VERYSILENT /DIR=%PACKAGEPATH%

Install command:

%PACKAGEPATH%\Windows6.1-KB2482122-x64.msu /quiet

Extract command is the one that seems to be controlling the License Agreement but it seems that /VERYSILENT switch has no effect at all.

Has anyone encountered this issue before and if yes any help regarding this would be very much appreciated.

Thank you all.

Retired Employee
Serge1410

Re: x220 Thin Installer update OS7022ww and OS7024ww issues

hey Hooba,

welcome to the forums.

based on Microsoft license agreement that Lenovo has, Microsoft does not allow us to skip displaying the end user licence agreement.

Therefore if you would want to install using silent method, kindly contact Microsoft for further assistance

WW Social Media
Important Note: If you need help, post your question in the forum, and include your system type, model number and OS. Do not post your serial number.

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!

Follow @LenovoForums on Twitter!
Have you checked out the Community Knowledgebase yet?!
How to send a private message? --> Check out this article.
Paper Tape
Hooba

Re: x220 Thin Installer update OS7022ww and OS7024ww issues

Hi Serge1410,

Thank you for your reply. I understand that the type of agreement you guys have restricts you from this, but I was under the impression that entire point of providing the tool like Thin Installer is to allow your customers to deploy Lenovo hardware in unattented mode as a choice. Microsoft patches that force the display of License Agreement and not give users a choice to hide it, clearly violate the intention of the tool to provide flexibility.

In my opinion Lenovo should provide a workaround for this issue or work with microsoft in the interest of Lenovo customers.

Hope you guys work somehting out.