Support in other languages: 
nos
Paper Tape
nos

Re: x220 does not resume from sleep

for what it's worth, the problem seemed entirely BIOS and not OS related. I run a Debian based distro and to fix it I had to boot into Windows (by switching in the original drive), apply the BIOS update, and then the SSD with Debian was fine without any changes in the OS. Best of luck for a quick recovery.

Punch Card
miliranga

I just found out today that the motherboard needed for my X230T has to be ordered from China and that they can't give me an ETA for it.

Patience running thin.....

Fanfold Paper
sakowitzm

Update...

After waiting exactly four weeks for a new motherboard and hearing NOTHING, I called yesterday.  Lenovo support had completely lost track of the actual request for a part (the new motherboard), although they read it back to me that one was required.  Ugh.

So they said they had them in stock and would ship it out overnight and have someone come to my house today to install it.  I asked if this would be a NEW motherboard and was told Lenovo doesn't ship out refurbished motherboards.

Tech arrived at my house, unpacked the motherboard, and there right in the center was the offending word -- REFURBISHED!  My X220 is just over two months old.  I would not allow them to install a motherboard that might be two YEARS old!!!  So I told the tech to just wrap it back up and leave.  Which he did.

Back on the phone with Lenovo.  Was told that they can't guarantee a brand new motherboard and that my warranty does not promise any such thing.  I explained that I did not care what the warranty said, I didn't think it was unreasonable to expect to get a motherboard that was at least as new as my machine.  Myron was not impressed, and when he continued explaining, I stopped him and ask for a supervisor.

Jason tried the same explanation, and I stopped him and said there were numerous acceptable solutions -- Lenovo could send me a brand new X220, or I would accept a brand new X230, or a full refund.  There were lots of solutions, Jason (and Myron before him) just weren't getting to an acceptable one.  So I asked Jason to pass me on to his supervisor.

Rupert was no more responsive than Myron or Jason.  In the end, Rupert said he would escalate my case to the super-secret triple escalation folks.  And that I should expect a phone call or email within the next two days to begin my case.  I'm not holding my breath.

If I don't hear back soon, I think I'll just let a few more weeks go by.  Perhaps after four weeks of being non-responsive, and another several weeks of even the super-secret triple escalation folks being non-responsive, perhaps then I will get someone's attention.  But I won't hold my breath...

Punch Card
miliranga

sakowitzm After reading about your post I think I got the answer to my question whether I should return my X230T (which is sitting in TN waiting for a new MB) or wait for the repair. Returning it.

If they offer me an identical spec new machine I might take it. Curious as to why you declined the offer for a brand new X220/X230?  

Hope our frustrations end soon :smileyhappy:  

Fanfold Paper
sakowitzm

Hah! @miliranga -- you misread my note. It was I who "suggested" that they should offer me a brand new machine!!!
Punch Card
miliranga

@sakowitzm

Sorry. Brain fart.

I haven't had a chance to call Lenovo yet. Looks like I might get refered to the "super secret big wigs" just like you were. :smileysad:

Not too hopeful... 

Fanfold Paper
sakowitzm

reeeeeeefuuuuuuund...

reeeeeeefuuuuuuund...

reeeeeeefuuuuuuund...

Fanfold Paper
sakowitzm

Aaaaaaaaaaand Lenovo does not disappoint!

On June 28th I was told that my case was being escalated to an official "complaint" and that I would receive, within two business days, either a phone call or email from someone at Lenovo with additional details and next steps.  Two WEEKs later and have I received either a phone call or an email?  No I have not.

When I get around to it, I will call Lenovo back and question them on this.

In the meantime, GOOD NEWS!  My laptop has solved its problem.  It does in fact now go to sleep when I close the cover, and wake up just fine when I open it back up.  How long will this remain the case?  Your guess is as good as mine.  Since the problem arose all by itself and is currently solved all by itself, there's no telling when it will start up again.

Lenovo -- not for the faint of heart.  Or anyone who values their personal time and sanity.

Paper Tape
Elkafi

Some update to include some observations that I thought may help:

• when I put the tablet (after it has been shut down, not hibernate) on the ultrabase (docking station) on battery (no connection to power) and switch on the hard drive and bluetooth indicator blink briefly and then only the swith button staying blinking with nothing appearing on the screen (initially it gives the appearance something is happening as the light contrast changes, but no text appear).
  1. If I wait a long time (not sure, but something like 10 minutes) the screen finally appears and things start as normal (the ultrabase is connected to an external monitor and few otgher peripherals)
  2. If I do not wait and unhook the tablet from the base the start screen (with Lenovo written in big letter) appears immediately but the computer still does not start (will need to wait)
  3. If I do like in 2 but instead of waiting I force shut the tablet (keep pressing the on button) and then started again it starts normal as it should,...

Go figure what is happening ....

What's DOS?
lightnin99

Has this ever been figured out? My x220 gets stuck in boot loops on resume, but only intermittently - often after travelling to or from work. I've tried updating bios, but not ME.