Support in other languages: 
Fanfold Paper
sakowitzm

Re: x220 does not resume from sleep

Ooops.  Should have added:

When I press the power button for just a second or two, nothing changes.

When I press the power button for the full 5+ seconds, the x220 does shut down immediately.

I then press the power  button again, and the x220 does start up.

I get the screen telling me that Windows did not shut down properly, and do I want to start in Safe Mode, etc.

I press to start Windows up normally, and it does so, no problems.

And from there, everything runs just great.

So the problem is just that the system will not wake up after closing and re-opening the lid.

And again, I did do the 1.29 BIOS update as well as the Intel ME firmware update.

Thank you.

sakowitzm

Fanfold Paper
sakowitzm

I've noted a difference, depending on how long the x220 stays closed.

When I test it out for just a few minutes, that's when it comes back and the power button is lit and the wifi icon is lit up and the disk drive icon blinks sporadically.

However...  if the x220 stays closed overnight and presumably in "sleep" mode, when I open it up the next day, it is completely dark.  Nothing lit up at all.  Like it was completely shut down.

But when I press the power button, that's when I get the notice about Windows shutting down incorrectly, and the option for starting in Safe Mode.  I press start Windows normally, and it comes up just fine.

sakowitzm

Paper Tape
jankiel

I updated to latest bios 1.29 - the problem still occures.

I have just updated the Intel ME firmware - I will report if the problem has been solved.

Paper Tape
habamax

Hi NINE,

I also have that problem.

After BIOS update to 1.29 resuming from sleep/hibernate worked for about 3 days flawlessly and today it happend again. Black screen with flashing power button.
Paper Tape
jankiel

updaten the bios AND the Intel Firmware dis not solve the Problem. Black Screen LED flashing hdd starts stops loop still occures. Before I tested only the bios update.

I also tested with another X220 - carried it for one week without any problem. was bought attraktive same time, but only 4GB RAM - Mine has 8GB RAM.
Punch Card
mtt1

jankiel wrote:
updaten the bios AND the Intel Firmware dis not solve the Problem. Black Screen LED flashing hdd starts stops loop still occures. Before I tested only the bios update.

I also tested with another X220 - carried it for one week without any problem. was bought attraktive same time, but only 4GB RAM - Mine has 8GB RAM.

Oh no, that's bad. Still no solution in sight ...

I can confirm the problem with 4 GB RAM. So it's not the difference between 4 GB and 8 GB machines.

What's DOS?
tweep0

[ Edited ]

First post and first lenovo laptop this week!

So I just received my x220 this week and was having the same problem (9 times out of 10, when i put my machine into sleep mode, it wouldn't resume and would cycle flashes).

I installed all the updates and the firmware updates and nothing changed.

I then took out the 4GB of memory that I had added to the system and the problem was solved.  I then flipped the memory sodimms so they were in opposite positions and all is well now... with a total of 8GB installed.

It's only been one day, but i'll keep you posted as to whether this actually works.  For those who are looking for answers, it might be worth while swapping the positions of the memory or at least just taking them out and re-insterting them.

Retired Employee
NINE

hi tweep0,

That is Excellent. I'm extremely glad it work out. Do keep us posted.

@ all,

To those of you that are still facing the issue after updating the BIOS and Intel ME firmware please try check ing your ram as well just as tweep0 and do let me know of the results.

Thank you in advance

Fanfold Paper
sakowitzm

Nine, thank you for your continued support on this.

Re: swapping in/out memory.

Sounds simple... but could you please provide instructions.  Don't want to mess this up.

Also, will I lose anything?  

Thanks.

sakowitzm

Retired Employee
NINE

hi sakowitzm,

I glad to hear that i could help out in any way. In regards to the ram cheking. Below is a video link showing how to upgrade the ram of X220. The process for checking is more or less the same and you will not lose anything.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UBjxSMmA45o

Do take a look and let me know should you are unsure of anything. :-)

Regards