Support in other languages: 
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Paper Tape
dodomom
Accepted Solution

x220 self-wakes from sleep

For the past week, my Lenovo x220 wakes from sleep while it is charging overnight or even in my laptop bag while it is "resting". Has anyone else had this issue? Any suggestions for a fix (other than putting it in hibernate, which would negate one of the main selling points of this laptop which is its quick start-up from sleep). Thanks.

Punch Card
K3SLS

Re: x220 self-wakes from sleep

For starters...go through device manager properties and make sure any USB connected devices are unchecked for "allow this device to wake the computer" on the power management tab.  Also make sure "wake on lan" is not enabled on the network adapters.

I had this problem on a T500, a X201 and a X220.  Never really figured out which device caused the problem, but once the above was done, no more problems.  It was particularly annoying when the machine would wake while the cover was closed because of the resulting excessive heat.

Paper Tape
dodomom

Thanks. I'll give it a try and report the results. Nothing like pulling a boiling hot laptop from my laptop bag!

Guru
ExJamJus

Also Open Power manager and then click advance then in the power profile... go to advance settings then disable "Allow wake timers" for both battery and AC
*Non Lenovo employee*

I have a Y2P (i5) ... Feel free to ping me if you want me to test some applications with your Y2P if you have the same model. I don't mind keep doing recovery on it if needed .... =)
goretsky
Topics: 19
Kudos: 370
Solutions: 145

Hello,

' suggestion will, no doubt, solve the problem, but you might want to see what operations are scheduled on the computer.  It could be the computer is waking up to perform an operation like a backup, virus scan or defragmentation.

Regards,

Aryeh Goretsky

I am a volunteer and neither a Lenovo nor a Microsoft employee. • Dexter is a good dog • Dexter je dobrý pes
S230u (3347-4HU)X220 (4286-CTO)W510 (4318-CTO)W530 (2441-4R3)X100e (3508-CTO)X120e (0596-CTO)T61p (6459-CTO)T43p (2678-H7U)T42 (2378-R4U)T23 (2648-LU7)
de.gif  Deutsche Community es.gif  Comunidad en Español ru.gif Русскоязычное Сообщество
Paper Tape
dodomom

Thanks. Unchecking "wake from sleep" when on power seems to have done the trick. It doesn't exactly explain why my computer woke up in my laptop bag, but that has happened only a couple of times; whereas waking while charging has happened every night . . . but only recently :-?

Guru
ExJamJus

I had that experienced once with my friend's laptop (non Lenovo) ... I was holding her laptop bag then I felt warm on my back. I thought the bag was think so I guess its normal for it to be warm then it became warmer. I took the laptop out and it was so hot that I couldn't hold the laptop at all.... I quickly pulled the batt out as I thought something was going to exploded .... phew ... lucky break ... =)
*Non Lenovo employee*

I have a Y2P (i5) ... Feel free to ping me if you want me to test some applications with your Y2P if you have the same model. I don't mind keep doing recovery on it if needed .... =)