Support in other languages: 
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Serial Port
JALD

Re: x300 Freezing Problem

Freezing once par day now.. I am going to calll lenovo for repair. It did not really stop since I had it in january 2009. I suspect the wi-fi card. It is most often when high transmission is current: video or loading high updates.

Thinkpad 600 addicted, X300 Vista since January 2009 lost in a train
X1 carbon since 09/2014
Ctrl-Alt-Del
mazenn

I had similar problems with the feezing on my X300 at least once a day.

I called up Lenovo and we did all the 1st level stuff: update BIOS, reimage the machine, update Windows patches and install/upgrade a few drivers; however, the problem persisted.

After many phone calls to Lenovo Australia, they finally accepted to take the machine in and they were able to reproduce the problem thankfully. I got a report saying the "refreshed" the motherboard but the problem occurred within 5 mins of receiving the machine back . I sent it back again and this time they replaced the motherboard. I also upgraded the RAM from 1GB to 3GB...... So far so good :smileyhappy:.

I 've had the X300 for over a year and you can read about my experiences on: http://ontargetreviews.blogspot.com/2010/10/is-lenovo-x300-worth-it.html

JALD

Freezing once a day again. I called Lenovo and they asked me to restore the original system.... That's my take time since I have to reinstall all the software.. I did the PC Doctor test 8 times. Ans I got a freeze the first time..

So I'll give more info later..

X1 carbon since 09/2014
Serial Port
JALD

still freezing now twice a day. Some times it freezes when I leave it during one or two hours. It is freezed when I try to use it..

X1 carbon since 09/2014
Paper Tape
tklondon

hi all

just found this thread after much pain with my X300.

I have had the problem of hard Freeze with Win7 and XP.

I have also noticed that sometimes my Wireless nic will disapear and i need to reboot.

I have today upgraded the driver from one off the Intel site and ill see how that goes, but as its a random freeze it could be a few days before i see the problem.

my feeling is that there is a hardware problem and ive suspect the nic is either connected as the root or a symptom.

right now i have re-built the PC with only XP , skype, flash and drivers.

lets see what happens.

Paper Tape
tklondon

an update

very latest wifi drivers and still a freeze.

I left the OC streaming internet radio all night so there may be a relation to the wifi and the freeze, but not sure.

I also noticed after the reset, that after a few more hours of streaming the WIfi nic stopped working.

It needed a reset to get it back.

I tried F5 and Off and On, but that did nothing, so a restart fixed it.

Maybe thse are two different problem, or is connected somehow.

Paper Tape
tklondon

latest update

Lenovo sent me the Vista recovery disc and said that i need to install Vista before they could go any further !!!

I did it and also installed, MS security essentials, Skype and all updates.

the X300 has frozen 4 times.

I also notice the comp bleep as though a USB device is added and removed and sometimes the cam does not work.

often when the cam does not work, then comp will not shut down.

any way, ive informed Lenovo and lets see if then want me to install DOS next.

Serial Port
JALD

After month without freeze, it reappears now and for me it's strongly tied to wi-fi and high rate with auio or video from network.

Apart that I am now out of warranty. The only change could be to buy a new wi-fi card and go to W7.. I do not want to waste time for that now.

X1 carbon since 09/2014
Paper Tape
flummoxed

Hi - I found this thread as I am having the same problem with my X300. Did you know you can purchase a warranty on Thinkpads even if the original has expired? It is $160 for a year. Just a thought before you go and but some parts on your own.