Support in other languages: 
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Bit Torrent
ThorsHammer

Chronological order for drivers - please!

Hello,

Please add a way to view the drivers by date.  It's the most frequent view I use for the machines I own and support.

The view I am referring to is http://www-307.ibm.com/pc/support/site.wss/product.do?template=/product.do?template=%2Fproductpage%2...

Thanks,

Thor

Blue Screen Again
techie_mainer

Re: Chronological order for drivers - please!

Agreed!  That is one place where the revamped website is definitely lacking!

Fanfold Paper
mikeynavy1

Lenovo Support Drivers Download

Does anyone know if there's still a way to filter the new downloads page by date?  I like to go each week and simply see if there have been any "new" posts uploaded.  Now, the only way to find anything new is to go through every single driver category and expand it. 

Guru
ColonelONeill

Re: Lenovo Support Drivers Download

Would an RSS feed suffice?
http://www-307.ibm.com/pc/support/site.wss/MIGR-69603.html
W520: i7-2720QM, Q2000M at 1090/695/1390, 22GB RAM, 500GB HDD, FHD screen
TPT1: 1839-23U, stock ICS
X61T: L7500, 3GB RAM, 500GB HDD, XGA screen, Ultrabase
Maliha

Hi mikeynavy1,

Go to the support site -> select Quick Path -> enter 7 character product number -> Subscribe to driver updates -> depending on your browser's features you should be able to add the page to your bookmarks:- http://i55.tinypic.com/155i1du.png

------------------------------------------------------------

Maliha (I don't work for lenovo)
ThinkPads:- T400[Win 7], T60[Win 7], IBM 240[Win XP]

IdeaPad: U350

Apple:- Macbook Air [Snow Leopard]
Did someone help you today? Compliment them with a
Kudos!
Was your question answered today? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
de.gif  Lenovo Deutsche Community   es.gif  Lenovo Comunidad en Español 
Visit my YouTube Channel

Serial Port
PSUpete

I do use the RSS feed; I wonder though, what is the timing between what appears on the website and what is available via ThinkVantage System Update?

/Pete
Bit Torrent
ThorsHammer

I would prefer not to use RSS.  I use a myriad of machines day to day.  A view on the download server is my preference. 

Is there some reason a view using date can't be provided?

Punch Card
Devhack

Yes, a chrono view is vital, and an RSS feed is not a replacement candidate. Having a website view that provides a list of the latest drivers in date order is indispensible.

And in support other posts, naming and dating, especially dating of drivers is vital; when one opens the BIOS category of drivers, their dates should be immediately visible.

Finally, are you updating the old site in lock step with the new? For a W520, it appears their is a new BIOS on the new site, but not the old.

===============
W520, i7-2920, 16GB, NVIDIA 2000M, Full HD, OCZ VTX-3 & VTX-2, Win7 Ult 64
Mark_Lenovo
Topics: 412
Kudos: 1,335
Solutions: 288

PSUPete,

TVSU updates require some packaging work, so my perception is that historically they lagged what was available for download on the site.   The process is being redesigned a bit, and I would agree that it is advantageous to keep them synchronized as much as possible.  

Devhack,

Since the intent is to move forward and consolidate sites on the new infrastructure,  and the same team is doing the content updates it is not feasible to maintain both sites.

Good feedback on date ordering - I saw that on some of your other posts.   We are working to clean up the double entries and validate the content, and file names.   We are also aware and working on correcting some instances where the dates reflected are not in sync with when the drivers were actually released to the web, so there is some more clean up effort there as well.   Once we get those high priority tasks complete, we can work on the date ordering as an enhancement - I appreciate the impact on usability.

Mark

ThinkPads: S30, T43, X60t, X1, W700ds, IdeaPad Y710, IdeaCentre: A300, IdeaPad K1
Mark Hopkins
Program Manager, Lenovo Social Media (Services)
twitter @lenovoforums
English English Community   Deutsche Deutsche Community   Español Comunidad en Español   ru.gif Русскоязычное Сообщество
Bit Torrent
ThorsHammer

When is the new site cleanup going to be complete?