Support in other languages: 
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
802.11n
chuckk48

Duplicate entries and disorganized groupings in R500 Driver Matrice

The newly reformatted R500 Driver Matrices is a definite improvement over what preceded it, but it would be nice if there were no duplicates. It would also be nice if the entries were organized a bit more logically.  Take the following as examples.

DUPLICATE ENTRIES

The entry for “Conexant Audio Software for Windows 7 (32-bit, 64-bit) - ThinkPad R400, R500, T400, T500, W500, W700, W700ds, X200, X200s, X200 Tablet” appears both in the AUDIO section as well as in another section labeled SOFTWARE UPDATE.

The entry for “BIOS Update Bootable CD for Windows 7 (32-bit, 64-bit), Vista (32-bit, 64-bit), XP - ThinkPad R500” appears both in the BIOS section as well as in another section labeled UTILITY.

ILLOGICAL GROUPINGS

The section labeled OPTICAL DRIVE contains the following 3 entries:

InterVideo WinDVD 8 Uninstall Update for Microsoft Windows 7

InterVideo WinDVD 8 Update for Windows 7 (32-bit, 64-bit),Vista(32-bit, 64-bit), XP - ThinkCentre, ThinkPad, ThinkStation

Update to convert installed copy of WinDVD 5 to WinDVD 8 for machines that have upgraded to Windows 7

That seems logical enough until you try to explain the next 4 entries, which are in a section labeled SOFTWARE AND UTILITY:

Corel BurnNow SD for Microsoft Windows 7,Vistaand XP - ThinkCentre, ThinkPad, ThinkStation

Corel DVD Movie Factory 7 SD for Windows 7,Vista, XP - ThinkCentre, ThinkPad, ThinkStation

Corel DVD Movie Factory 7 for Blu-ray for Windows 7 - ThinkCentre, ThinkPad, ThinkStation

Corel WinDVD 10 Standard Definition (Update only) - ThinkCentre, ThinkPad, ThinkStation

Now add the next 3 items that are included in the section labeled VIDEO:               

InterVideo WinDVD player update for WindowsVista(32-bit, 64-bit), XP, 2000 - ThinkPad

InterVideo WinDVD software - NetVista / ThinkCentre / ThinkPad / ThinkStation

InterVideo WinDVD software update for Windows 2000, 98,Vista, XP

It seems to me that all the above entries should be within the same section, not three different sections.

I have noticed this type of disorganization within the Driver Matrices pages for the machines that I support, and others (see my signature below), and I can’t help but feel that the reformatted driver matrices were rushed into production in order to quell the uproar over the fiasco that followed after IBM stopped hosting the Lenovo support web sites.

So Lenovo, are there any plans to clean up the Driver Matrices?

ThinkPad R61 8932-CTO T8300 2.40 Ghz 3GB RAM Win XP
ThinkPad R500 2714-CTO P8600 2.40 Ghz 3GB RAM Win XP; Two ThinkPad R500's 2714-CTO T9600 2.80 Ghz 4GB RAM Win 7
ThinkPad T500 2241-DB9 T9600 2.80 Ghz 4GB RAM Win 7
ThinkCenter A63 5237-CTO 3GB Ram Win XP; A21m and a pair of 380XD's