Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Guru
Mornsgrans
Accepted Solution

Lot of errors on support and download sites

[ Edited ]

Edit sep. 24th,:

The links have been fixed but the driver- and tool - files are still missing - you'll get the following message instead of the download:

"Could not locate the requested document."

-------------------------------------------------

It is several weeks ago, since Lenovo had moved their support and download sites tho the new server.

I know, that it is a very huge job to perform thounsands of pages and adapt the links but some pages seemed to be performed very sloppy.

Examples:

Do the feed-back - features at the bottom of the pages and the feed back messages  work? I never got an answer on my feed back messages  since the server had been changed.

I hope, that it will be corrected in the future and performed more professional.

Edit:

BIOS update-Matrix:

http://support.lenovo.com/en_US/downloads/detail.page?submit=true&componentID=1296773861251&DocID=HT...

A31 BIOS Update 1GET41WW (1.13) leads to ibm.com instead of lenovo.com

Using "Browse Products"  - "Laptops / Netbooks" - "Thinkpad A-Series laptops" - "Thinkpad A30" leads to a similar poor result:

Error on T60 Download:

This Wireless network driver is offered in the T60 download matrix.

As you view to the "Supported devices" you will find, that none of them belongs to the T60.

The right driver package for T60 still is that one:

Driver

Readme

Next nonsense by Lenovo:

BIOS update of ThinkCentre M55p

- Use Quck Path: input "8811Y3M"

- Select "Download Drivers and Software" from the menu on the left

- expand "BIOS"

You will find two headlines "Flash BIOS update ThinkCentre M55p" - WHY???? (see attached link with the red marks)

The sub entries have no appropriate order (see blue marks on the linked picture above)

You also will find under the upper headline "Flash BIOS update ThinkCentre M55p" the entry "Installation instructions for flash BIOS update (Flash from operating system version - 32 bit OS support only)" but not the update itself. Under the lower headline you will find both - the readme and the update.

There only are offered AMT-capable BIOS-update (2Mxxxxx) but no non-AMT-capable BIOS-updates (2Jxxxx) - so i cannot update the BIOS of my ThinkCentre M55p :smileymad:

Edit:

In the driver matrix of the ThinkCentre M55p you will find only the AMT-capable BIOS-update 2Mxxx, too. But - a great wonder - on the download-page of the AMT-capable BIOS update you will find a small hint to the non-AMT-capable BIOS-update  

Oh god - please let rain "Brain"...

--------------------------------
My home-forum: http://www.thinkpad-forum.de
Wiki: Deutsches ThinkPad-Wiki English ThinkWiki
My ThinkPad-Collection
Guru
Mornsgrans

Betreff: Sloppy created support and download sites

[ Edited ]

Next issue with the "Support and Downloads" - "Use Quick Path":

After typing in a thinkpad model f.e. "A31", "T23", "T41", "T420" you only get an empty list.

After typing in "2373-ghg" you'll get a result.

It is friday, so the support-site is not full working - i'm feeling home, like on the IBM-servers under Lenovo's control before the migration

My ThinkPad-Collection
Guru
Mornsgrans

[ Edited ]

When will A30,31 and X21,22,23 and 24 - users be able to continue their video - and BIOS - installation (see posings above)?

When will the "Use Quick path" will work again?

It's a shame ...

My ThinkPad-Collection
Guru
Mornsgrans

First posting updated

My ThinkPad-Collection
Cleo_Lenovo
Topics: 79
Kudos: 260
Solutions: 138

Re: Sloppy created support and download sites

Hi Mornsgrans, 

I'm so thankful that you took times to address all these issues here one by one patiently. Please see my comments in orange below. I've submitted the issues you reported here and they will be reviewed and action taken accordingly.

Examples:

• Links of the driver matrix Thinkpad A30, A30p, A31 and A31p lead to "nothing" - you get to the start page of the download area. (XP and W2k - Video driver A30: http://www-307.ibm.com/pc/support/site.wss/MIGR-43156.html) --> Noted. Will have someone to fix this asap.
    Same as BIOS-updates for A31 and the link to Agere modem. --> Noted it links back to 307.ibm, but which one link to Agere modem?
  • Download links of the video-driver (XP, W2K) X21/22/23/24 in the driver matrix  don't work (lead to ibm.com) --> Noted. Will have someone to fix this asap.
  • BIOS-Simulator pages (all) don't contain the graphical contents anymore - like T21 --> Will need to check with eSupport team on this matter
  • Driver matrix Thinkpad X22: Download links of the XP and W2K video-drivers lead to "xxx.ibm.com" --> Same as above x21 .. driver matrix

Do the feed-back - features at the bottom of the pages and the feed back messages  work? I never got an answer on my feed back messages  since the server had been changed. --> It should work. Let me review this with eSupport team on what is going on...

Edit:

BIOS update-Matrix:

http://support.lenovo.com/en_US/downloads/detail.page?submit=true&componentID=1296773861251&DocID=HT...  -->Do you mean cannot find content of this page? That was what i got when trying to access this page

A31 BIOS Update 1GET41WW (1.13) leads to ibm.com instead of lenovo.com --> Same as above A31 .. driver matrix

Using "Browse Products"  - "Laptops / Netbooks" - "Thinkpad A-Series laptops" - "Thinkpad A30" leads to a similar poor result: --> What do you mean with these drivers? I see the driver link to download.lenovo.com and not 307ibm..

Error on T60 Download: --> Noted. Will cascade this issue to eSupport team

This Wireless network driver is offered in the T60 download matrix.

As you view to the "Supported devices" you will find, that none of them belongs to the T60.

The right driver package for T60 still is that one:

Driver

Readme

Next nonsense by Lenovo: --> Noted. Will cascade this issue to eSupport team

BIOS update of ThinkCentre M55p

- Use Quck Path: input "8811Y3M"

- Select "Download Drivers and Software" from the menu on the left

- expand "BIOS"

You will find two headlines "Flash BIOS update ThinkCentre M55p" - WHY???? (see attached link with the red marks)

The sub entries have no appropriate order (see blue marks on the linked picture above)

You also will find under the upper headline "Flash BIOS update ThinkCentre M55p" the entry "Installation instructions for flash BIOS update (Flash from operating system version - 32 bit OS support only)" but not the update itself. Under the lower headline you will find both - the readme and the update.

There only are offered AMT-capable BIOS-update (2Mxxxxx) but no non-AMT-capable BIOS-updates (2Jxxxx) - so i cannot update the BIOS of my ThinkCentre M55p :smileymad:

Edit: : --> Noted. Will cascade this issue to eSupport team

In the driver matrix of the ThinkCentre M55p you will find only the AMT-capable BIOS-update 2Mxxx, too. But - a great wonder - on the download-page of the AMT-capable BIOS update you will find a small hint to the non-AMT-capable BIOS-update  

In regard to empty list using Quick Path, i suspected it was due to glitch as i could search the mentioned system now with no problems. Sorry for inconvenience caused. Best regards, Cleo

WW Social Media
T61, T410, x240, Z500, Flex 14

Important Note: If you need help, post your question in the forum, and include your system type, model number and OS. Do not post your serial number.

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!

Follow @LenovoForums on Twitter!
How to send a private message? --> Check out this article.

English English Community   Deutsche Deutsche Community   Español Comunidad en Español   ru.gif Русскоязычное Сообщество
Guru
Mornsgrans

[ Edited ]
Hello Cleo,
please find my explanations in blue letters below.
Kind Regards

Cleo_Lenovo schrieb:

Hi Mornsgrans, 

I'm so thankful that you took times to address all these issues here one by one patiently. Please see my comments in orange below. I've submitted the issues you reported here and they will be reviewed and action taken accordingly.

Examples:

• Same as BIOS-updates for A31 and the link to Agere modem. --> Noted it links back to 307.ibm, but which one link to Agere modem?

--> If you click in the driver-matrix of Thinkpad A31 in the "Modem" - section on "Agere Modem" in the right column you will learn, that this link also leads to ibm.com.

Edit:

BIOS update-Matrix:

http://support.lenovo.com/en_US/downloads/detail.page?submit=true&componentID=1296773861251&DocID=HT...  -->Do you mean cannot find content of this page? That was what i got when trying to access this page

--->"Great" - Last saturday this page worked fine and displayed all the lastest BIOS-updates of all Thinkpads Without the A31 - its link lead to ibm.com.  It is a similar page like the BIOS file Matrix for value-line

In the search for "BIOS file matrix" somewhere on the 9th search result page the following entry can be found:

-----------------------

BIOS file matrix - ThinkPad  <----------- "The requested document cannt be found" - it's a new error
The following matrix lists all the current BIOS updates for ThinkPad systems. Clicking the BIOS version in this matrix will take you to the download page for each BIOS. The download page also includes a link to a text file which will give you a history of the BIOS updates for that particular

http://support.lenovo.com/en_US/downloads/detail.page?DocID=HT036373...

-----------------------

Using "Browse Products"  - "Laptops / Netbooks" - "Thinkpad A-Series laptops" - "Thinkpad A30" leads to a similar poor result: --> What do you mean with these drivers? I see the driver link to download.lenovo.com and not 307ibm..

---> You only see the Drivers for Win95/98/ME and NT4 but not for W2K and XP

In regard to empty list using Quick Path, i suspected it was due to glitch as i could search the mentioned system now with no problems. Sorry for inconvenience caused. Best regards, Cleo

"Use  Quick Path" now is working again fine like the days before last Thursday or friday until this morning.

My ThinkPad-Collection
Guru
Mornsgrans

[ Edited ]

Next issues

Download-page Modem-drivers http://support.lenovo.com/en_US/research/hints-or-tips/detail.page?&LegacyDocID=MIGR-40312:

In the column R32 of the section "Lucent Technologies Soft Modem AMR (Mini PCI wireless/modem combo card)" the XP- and the W2K driver-link

20 Nov 2002 v2.1.20

leads to IBM.com

In the section "Lucent Technologies Soft Modem AMR communications daughter card (CDC)", column R32

The same issue with XP and W2K - drivers

27 Apr 2006 v2.1.20a

and

28 Mar 2003 v2.1.20a

Driver matrix A21m, A21e, A21p and A22e:

Audio driver for Windows XP 14 Jun 2002 v6.13.10.4143.0313 leads to ibm.com

R32:

Video driver Win98SE 12 Jun 2002 v5.12.01.3035

Video driver W2K and XP 12 Jun 2002 v5.12.01.3035

PC-Doctor for DOS  02 Aug 2006 v2.0.1381

Cisco Wireless LAN mini PCI driver for Win98/2000/XP 27 Aug 2004 v3.8.26.01

Ethernet driver for Windows 2000 13 Jun 2002 v5.41.32.00

Intel High Rate Wireless LAN mini PCI combo card  (Win 98/NT/2000/XP) 20 Nov 2002 1.07.43

Intel Speedstep Applet for Windows 2000 14 Jun 2002 v2.2

Video driver Win98/ME/2000 08 Jun 2002 v3.40.1002

Video driver for Windows 2000 24 Apr 2003 v7.79.7.3.4

Intel Chipset Utility for Windows 98/ME/2000/XP  08 Jun 2002 v3.40.1002

Intel Chipset Utility for Windows 2000 14 Jun 2002 v1.00

Intel Chipset Utility for Windows XP 14 Jun 2002 v1.00

poooh - what a mess

X20,21,22,23,24:

Access Help Online User's Guide (X22) 22 Apr 2004 v3.0

X30,31,32:

Cisco wireless LAN Mini PCI for Windows XP, 2000, Me, 98 (X30) 27 Aug 2004 v3.8.26.01

Edit:

Wireless Network cards

Intel Centrino Wireless-N 1000,
Intel Centrino Advanced-N 6200/ 6205,
Intel Centrino Advanced-N + WiMAX 6250,
Intel Centrino Ultimate-N 6300,
Intel PRO/Wireless 3945BG, 3945ABG Network Connection,
Intel WiFi Link 1000/ 5350,
Intel Wireless WiFi Link 4965AG/ 4965AGN

never fit into X30-32

Thinkpad 390, i172x (leading to 307-ibm.com):

Notes:

• View all files for the ThinkPad 390

That's all in the driver matrices of "Older ThinkPad systems"

The drivers mentioned above also are missing, if you search the drivers using "Use Quick Path"

to be continued with "Current ThinkPad systems" in this posting and via feedback "Was this page helpful for you?"

My ThinkPad-Collection
Guru
Mornsgrans

Re: Lot of errors on support and download sites

[ Edited ]

Wrong Links (to www-307.ibm.com) in ThinkVantage Tools

Access Connections:

User Guide Access Connections for W2k and XP:

Section "Additional information": Link to "User Guide - ThinkVantage Access Connections for Windows Vista"

User's Guide - ThinkVantage Access Connections for Windows Vista:

Section "Additional information": Link to  User's Guide - ThinkVantage Access Connections for Windows XP and 2000

Image Builder Ultra (Trial)

ThinkVantage ImageUltra™ Builder 5.0:

Section "Need more information?":Link to User's Guide

Rescue and Recovery for XP and Vista v 4.23

Link to Rescue and Recovery 4.23 Deployment Guide

Rescue and Recovery® 4.23 for Windows Vista (32-bit) and (64-bit) - Large Enterprise individual lang...:

Links to Rescue and Recovery 4.23- Deployment Guide

Rescue and Recovery® 4.23 for Windows XP (32-bit) - Large Enterprise individual language files

Links to Rescue and Recovery 4.23 - Deployment Guide

System Migration Assistent

ThinkVantage System Migration Assistant 6.0.010

Links to Deployment Guide

--end of ThinkVantage Tools --

Edit:

Errors above are fixed

Edit:

I couldn't find links to:

Rescue and Recovery - Recovery repair media

Master Boot Repair Kit

to be continued...

My ThinkPad-Collection
Guru
Mornsgrans

[ Edited ]

Section "Current ThinkPad models:

T40, T40p, T41, T41p

T42, T42p

T43, T43p

Entry "Intel PRO/Wireless 3945bg, 3945abg, 4965ag, 4965agn Mini PCI adapter"

These ThinkPads are AFAIK not capable to be used used with these mPCIe - adapters above.

Edit:

Very often a driver download page must be reloaded with F5-key until the driver(s) download link will be shown

My ThinkPad-Collection
Guru
Mornsgrans

Outdated Warranty information:

Select f.ex. T420 using "Use Quick Path"

Select "Product & Parts Detail"

Select "Product Detail" - tab and expand "Warranty"

Click on "Warranty information and service upgrades" and then on "Warranty information" at the top ("Purchases made on or after May 1, 2005")

You only will find the warranty data of Thinkpads previous the T400 - generation.

My ThinkPad-Collection