Support in other languages: 
Punch Card
yipcw

RSS feed - esupport & forum

[ Edited ]

Are the RSS feeds working? I tried T410, T420s, W520 drivers old style subscriptions, e.g. http://download.lenovo.com/rss/ThinkPad_W520.rss last updates are all 6/14, every once a while, an old one from 5/15 would shows up again. i tried the new one e.g. http://support.lenovo.com/en_US/rss/default.page?PROD=P014-S022-SS1010-MT3659-MD445076 even worse, all marked 1/4

Also tried several threads on forum subscriptions, all of them have not been updated after beginning of Jun. I unsubscribed and tried again, same thing in Firefox looking at raw RSS's source XML, or Thunderbird as feed

Cleo_Lenovo
Topics: 77
Kudos: 235
Solutions: 126

Re: RSS feed

Hi Yip,

Welcome to Lenovo Forum!

I'm sorry for your trouble with RSS. You have mentioned two things here: RSS for eSupport site and for forum. I'll get the different teams to look into them.

By the way, in regard to the forum RSS, could you let me know which particular had no update just as you mentioned?

Cleo

WW Social Media

Important Note: If you need help, post your question in the forum, and include your system type, model number and OS. Do not post your serial number.

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!

Follow @LenovoForums on Twitter!
How to send a private message? --> Check out this article.

English English Community   Deutsche Deutsche Community   Español Comunidad en Español
Punch Card
yipcw

Re: RSS feed

- New Nvidia Graphic driver(v8.17.12.6721 / 1.2.22.1) bug - OS wiped out during Bluetooth drivers update - T420s Fan noise Issue - T520 fan plusing noise every 5 seconds - W520 TurboBOOST not working on battery or after updates. i think they all stopped after 20 msg. sounds too much a coincident. feeditems.rdf said resource is something like http://forums.lenovo.com/lnv/rss/message?board.id=T400_series_ThinkPads&message.id=45942 but those just return errors i can try other feed readers if necessary.
Bit Torrent
ThorsHammer

Re: Chronological order for drivers - please!

[ Edited ]

yipcw wrote:
- New Nvidia Graphic driver(v8.17.12.6721 / 1.2.22.1) bug - OS wiped out during Bluetooth drivers update - T420s Fan noise Issue - T520 fan plusing noise every 5 seconds - W520 TurboBOOST not working on battery or after updates. i think they all stopped after 20 msg. sounds too much a coincident. feeditems.rdf said resource is something like http://forums.lenovo.com/lnv/rss/message?board.id=T400_series_ThinkPads&message.id=45942 but those just return errors i can try other feed readers if necessary.

I'm confused.  What does this have to do with this thread which was a request to provide a list of drivers by date?

Cleo_Lenovo

Re: Chronological order for drivers - please!

[ Edited ]

Thors, thanks for your heads-up. I've moved this discussion to become a new thread.

Yipcw, although it's still about RSS, I thought it's different type of discussion compares to the one Thors created. It'd be easier for all of us to read and navigate too by focusing on certain topic of discussion.

I'll get back to you on this RSS later as these few days am having packed schedule. And i hurt my back. :smileysad:  Working from home...

Cleo

WW Social Media

Important Note: If you need help, post your question in the forum, and include your system type, model number and OS. Do not post your serial number.

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!

English English Community   Deutsche Deutsche Community   Español Comunidad en Español
802.11n
JNavas

Re: RSS feed - esupport

[ Edited ]

yipcw wrote:

Are the RSS feeds working? I tried T410, T420s, W520 drivers old style subscriptions, e.g. http://download.lenovo.com/rss/ThinkPad_W520.rss last updates are all 6/14, every once a while, an old one from 5/15 would shows up again. i tried the new one e.g. http://support.lenovo.com/en_US/rss/default.page?PROD=P014-S022-SS1010-MT3659-MD445076 even worse, all marked 1/4

Also tried several threads on forum subscriptions, all of them have not been updated after beginning of Jun. I unsubscribed and tried again, same thing in Firefox looking at raw RSS's source XML, or Thunderbird as feed

Cleo_Lenovo wrote:

I'll get back to you on this RSS later as these few days am having packed schedule. And i hurt my back. :smileysad:  Working from home...

What's happening on this?!

I've got the same problem with the RSS feed for the ThinkPad X220,

which likewise hasn't been updated since June!

Have RSS feeds been abandoned?!

UPDATE: Why can't I Subscribe or Bookmark this topic?

Hope that helps,
John
ThinkPad T420s [ i5-2540M CPU | 8GB RAM | 1TB SSD | Bay Battery | BT | Webcam | FR | Win7Pro64 ]
Token Ring
thitiv

[ Edited ]

JNavas wrote:

yipcw wrote:

Cleo_Lenovo wrote:

Since ThinkVantage System Update does not automatically check for updated drivers as Windows 7 does. RSS subscription is the only way that allows users to be notified of updated drivers without having to visit the download pages and "manually" look for changes. Please help to make sure that RSS feeds from driver updates are correct and reliable. I would also like to suggest that you put an "RSS logo/icon" at the "Subscribe to driver updates" link in the "Helpful Resources" section to help users find it quickly.

Twitter @thitiv | Work | ThinkPad W520 (4270-CTO) Core i7-2960XM 2.7/3.7 GHz | 16GB Kingston HyperX PnP DDR3-1866
2 x 256GB Crucial M4 & C300 SSDs | Intel Centrino Ultimate-N 6300 | Ericsson F5521gw WWAN | Ultrabay Blu-ray Burner
NVIDIA Quadro 2000M | 15.6" FHD 1920x1080 | ThinkPad Battery 55++ (9-cell) & Battery 27++ (9-cell slice)

802.11n
JNavas

JNavas wrote:

Lenovo???

Hope that helps,
John
ThinkPad T420s [ i5-2540M CPU | 8GB RAM | 1TB SSD | Bay Battery | BT | Webcam | FR | Win7Pro64 ]
Cleo_Lenovo

[ Edited ]

Hi JNavas,

I'm sorry. I'll get back to you on the RSS feed update.

In regard to forum topic subscription, go to the top of this discussion and look for "Topic Options". Choose "Subscribe" at the drop down list. Did this help?

Regards,
Cleo

WW Social Media

marky-kun
Topics: 0
Kudos: 7
Solutions: 12

Hi Jnavas,

I am able to get the latest drivers (16 Sept)  for X220 on my system. Please refer to the screenshot below:

RSS link : http://support.lenovo.com/en_US/rss/default.page?PROD=P014-S003-SS1009--

X220 RSS