Support in other languages: 
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Cleo_Lenovo
Topics: 81
Kudos: 264
Solutions: 136

Re: Why are the Y470 Drivers & Downloads so out of date?

[ Edited ]

Hi dragnoak,

Sorry Dragon Rider for taking a long while. Did you get a response from the site feedback about driver that i mentioned earlier?

Anyway, my understanding about the bios is that if there is only a minor change to a bios, it won't be published in the public support site unless it is proved that it solves a very critical issue.

I am not sure if you're comparing the same type of release date, however, it seems to me that they are two different things.

v2.06 release date (Nov 2011) looks like the date it was published in the support site.

v2.09 release date (Oct 2011) looks like it was released by the software team. If this version get published in the web, the release date should be much later than Nov considering v2.06 was already published in Nov.

In regard to the video card driver, could you double confirm if it still shows 8.15.10.2342 instead of 8.15.10.2462 by downloading the package from our support site again?

WW Social Media
T61, T410, x240, Z500, Flex 14

Important Note: If you need help, post your question in the forum, and include your system type, model number and OS. Do not post your serial number.

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!

Follow @LenovoForums on Twitter!
How to send a private message? --> Check out this article.

English English Community   Deutsche Deutsche Community   Español Comunidad en Español   ru.gif Русскоязычное Сообщество
Community Moderator
dragnoak

Re: Why are the Y470 Drivers & Downloads so out of date?

Hi Cleo,

Thanks for the explanation for the BIOS dating structure. I don't "need" the V2.09 BIOS. I really don't have any problem with my installed V2.06 BIOS. "If it's not broken, don't fix it" :smileyvery-happy:

I wasn't complaining, only questioning how the updates get their time stamps. I realize that your company is working very hard to consolidate your overall web based support structure. I DO believe that, in the end, a lot of the problems you need to address, will be corrected.

As far as the Intel HD 3000 video card driver, I did contact someone who recommended that I extract the downloaded file to a "cleared" or empty default folder, and reinstall. Unfortunately, when I tried that, I chickened out on the last step, and canceled the installation. I decided to keep the downloaded driver 8.15.10.2559 from the Intel site. So I can't "confirm" anything about the 2342 driver. Sorry.:smileyembarrassed:

I know you are busy, and I really appreciate all the help you have given me.

Thank You,

DragonRider

I'm DO'ing IT
Lenovo Y470 085525U 2nd generation Intel® Core™ i7-2630QM processor ( 2.00GHz 1333MHz 6MB )
IdeaCentre A520 Intel® Core™ i5-3230M processor ( 2.60GHz 2600MHz 3MB )
YOGA Tablet 2 Pro-1380F
T420