Support in other languages: 
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Blue Screen Again
mtp318101

w700 series driver documentation problems...

We are having problems doing a fresh Win7 64 bit install (not a restore) on two of our w701ds 4323CTO laptops.

The trouble is that the driver catalog on lenovo.com is a mess. Using the conventional Driver Finder for a 4232CTO leads to a page where we have to do two dozen clicks... but even after that there is some software missing entirely: Device Experience and the Fingerprint MSI package for example.  The fingerprint software omission was brought to a Lenovo rep's attention here in the forum back in September... but it is still MIA.

If we go to http://support.lenovo.com/en_US/research/hints-or-tips/detail.page?&LegacyDocID=TPAD-MATRIX

and click on:

W700,W700ds, W701, W701ds

we get this:

http://support.lenovo.com/en_US/research/hints-or-tips/detail.page?&LegacyDocID=MIGR-70498

It's in Japanese, and there is no way to change it to English.

I know the entire w70X series has been withdrawn... but it hasn't even been a year since the w701ds was pulled.  I think it's a reasonable expectation to be able to get access to a decent driver list on lenovo.com

Can a mod or rep forward this note along to the appropriate dept?  Thanks!

Cleo_Lenovo
Topics: 79
Kudos: 258
Solutions: 137

Re: w700 series driver documentation problems...

Hi mtp318101,

I totally understand your frustration and appreciate your comments here. Your feedback and the issue you encountered will be referred to the support team accordingly.

Best regards,
Cleo

WW Social Media
T61, T410, x240, Z500, Flex 14

Important Note: If you need help, post your question in the forum, and include your system type, model number and OS. Do not post your serial number.

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!

Follow @LenovoForums on Twitter!
How to send a private message? --> Check out this article.

English English Community   Deutsche Deutsche Community   Español Comunidad en Español   ru.gif Русскоязычное Сообщество
Community SuperMod
bananaman

Hi mtp318101!

I don't know what was up with the language problem, but the matrix is showing in English for me now:

http://support.lenovo.com/en_US/research/hints-or-tips/detail.page?&LegacyDocID=MIGR-70498

Hope this helps!

I don't work for Lenovo. I'm a crazy volunteer!
marky-kun
Topics: 0
Kudos: 9
Solutions: 13

Hi mtp,

1) Device experience driver has been added for W701

2)The fingerprint software for W701 is actually in the "ThinkVantage Technology" software category on the "conventional Driver Finder" page. I know it doesn't makes sense to be in that category, we'll get it fixed to a proper category.

3) Driver matrix page is now back to English:
Blue Screen Again
mtp318101

@Cleo_Lenovo  Thank you for forwarding our note along... we really appreciate it!

@bananaman  Yes it is!  Much easier to read now... :-)

@marky-kun  Just got back from the Holidays- thanks for following up.  I know you guys had some bumps in the road with the new support site, but I knew you'd make it right.  Thanks very much!

Marky, while I have your attention... I know this is not a tech support forum, and I hate to impose, but do you know anything about the powermizer lockup issues with the Nvidia 2xx.xx drivers on the W70X series (Quadro FX3800M)?  This issue has been a bear for me as a sysadmin lately.  The Nvidia and Lenovo forums are rife with complaints.  If you have any contact with the driver guys, I'm just looking for a solid answer: "we're looking in to it", "waiting on Nvidia", "fix in the pipeline", "wontfix", etc.

Thanks again, and Happy New Year.