I have Thinkpad SL510 laptop and DD-WRT flashed Netgear WNDR3300 router. The laptop can connect to the N-network when it is running at 2.4GHz but when I switch to 5GHz N-network, the laptop does not see it. Is it because SL510 does not support 5GHz or I have a problem with my configuration? Laptop is running 64-bit Win7 with all the updates installed. I am using the Lenovo wireless tools to connect to find and connect to the wireless networks.
Not all wireless network card supports 5GHz.
The following network card that supports 5GHz N network are:
- Intel Centrino Advanced-N 6200
- Intel Centrino Advanced-N 6205
- Intel Centrino Advanced-N 6230
- Intel Centrino Advanced-N + WiMAX 6250
- Intel Centrino Ultimate-N 6300
- Intel WiFi Link 5100 AGN
- Intel WiFi Link 5300 AGN
- Intel WiFi Link 5350
- Intel Wireless WiFi Link 4965AGN
Legacy or low end wireless card or router would not support 5GHz N network.