Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

Lenovo PhonesA Series, Vibe B & Vibe C Smartphones
All Forum Topics
Options

10 Posts

05-26-2018

United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland

5 Signins

124 Page Views

• Location: United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland
  • Views: 124
  • Message 1 of 2

A396 Dual-SIM smartphone - why such a dearth of posts about it? :)

2018-05-26, 8:34 AM

Hello, Community!

My first post...

I'd damaged my Motorola phone, so have dug out an old spare my dad (who lives in HK) left me, on his last visit here to the UK.

It's a Lenovo A396.  Original box says so.  As do *2* stickers under the battery; the S/N +IMEI sticker, and the Chinese one with .. probably a purchase inventory number or something on it ..
Not so "old" - it's in good nick, still clean and new-looking..

I was hoping to find more info in the Community boards here, but only 1 post about rooting, not solved; and a mention in another post about a 5xx series phone..

There seem to be enough websites out there with some mention / discussion of the A396 (I've not looked into them too deeply yet!), and while my G50-45 laptop is out of warranty and I can still find its info page in Lenovo's site, there's NOTHING for the A396 phone _at all_.. :O 

The closest I got was Lenovo A390... but the image on that page didn't look quite right -- like it was "missing" the slots on the back for the speaker . . . . .

ANYone know where I might find "official" A396 bumpf, across Lenovo's site?  Thank you!

Options

10 Posts

05-26-2018

United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland

5 Signins

124 Page Views

• Location: United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland
  • Views: 124
  • Message 2 of 2

Re: A396 Dual-SIM smartphone - why such a dearth of posts about it? :)

2018-05-26, 8:44 AM

BTW, before I go,..

In adding my "products" to my Lenovo "profile", while of course I could add my G50-45, the Lenovo SITE-WIDE SEARCH did not turn up ANYthing about the "A396"...  :( 

Any idea why not?  The phone doesn't look so horrid as to be a fake, or an embarrassment to Lenovo...  and whilst I'm sure it's OLD enough not to qualify for any more support, there seems not to be any Historic product page..?  :/ 

I might hazard a stretch-guess that the "A396" is a "regional variant" of the root product, the "A390"... but of course I could be wrong!

Grateful for any clues... :] 

Thanks

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms