GR

30 Signins

302 Page Views

• Views: 302
  • Message 1 of 2

Lenovo A536 screen freezing...

2015-08-25, 22:46 PM

Hi.

I have been using a Lenovo A536 phone since November 2014. So far everything was fine with it but for about a month now it has started behaving strangely.

I usually access Settings by pressing the leftmost (menu) button and selecting "Settings" on the bottom bar. At that point, normally, a white window opens and the settings menu appears right afterwards. Sometimes though, it doesn't. The white window opens and the screen hangs there. The settings menu does not appear. I can feel the vibration when I press the buttons at the bottom of the phone but nothing shows on the screen. It feels like the phone is still responding but nothing shows on the screen. At that point, I must press the power button and keep it pressed till the phone restarts.

The exact same problem has appeared while browsing the Apps inside settings and also inside the Recent Apps list that appears when I touch and hold the leftmost button. The issue is always the same. From the moment it appears, the screen freezes. I can see the indicators at the top but I don't think those indicators are active at that point. At one point, the wifi connection indicator was stuck showing a constant data transfer by keeping both green arrows on, while no actual transfer was taking place.

What is causing this? I've installed nothing new during this past month (August). App updates do take place regularly of course but that's about it.  I do repeat that this is a random issue that appears without me having to do something specific in order to trigger it.  Same actions do not always trigger it.

Thank you!

Options

8 Posts

12-22-2015

SK

14 Signins

160 Page Views

• Views: 160
  • Message 2 of 2

Re: Lenovo A536 screen freezing...

2015-12-22, 11:08 AM

I had same problem. Try booting to safe mode (holding volume buttons (+-) together during boot). You will see "Safe mode" in left bottom corner. Then go to settings and uninstall every user-installed application. If this doesn´t help, try booting to safe mode again and select factory reset. Or you can flash stock rom again using SP Flash Tool ;)

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete