Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

Lenovo PhonesA Series, Vibe B & Vibe C Smartphones
All Forum Topics
Options

5 Posts

12-29-2014

16 Signins

63 Page Views

• Message 1 of 7

Lenovo A806 Sim Card Not Working

2015-06-20, 11:16 AM

Hello i tried experimenting with some custom roms and now my sim card is not being read at all.

I first installed this rom: http://www.needrom.com/download/leno...01_7-80-1_dev/

And everything worked correctly except that sometimes certain applications crash.

After i decided to try out another rom: http://www.needrom.com/download/leno...6-13-language/

The second rom was working correctly but there was one problem.. The sim card was not being read.

After i had this problem i decided to go back and install the first working rom (the A806 multi lang rom) but the sim card issue still remained.

Please Help !

P.s My phone is Lenovo A806 and i reside in europe. I tried searching for the stock rom of this phone but i cannot find the stock emea rom whcih works in europe.

Options

1585 Posts

01-24-2014

Bucharest Romania

1911 Signins

54541 Page Views

• Views: 54541
  • Message 2 of 7

Re: Lenovo A806 Sim Card Not Working

2015-06-20, 21:44 PM

Hi Distracto

Can you dial *#06# (in the phone's dialler) to see if you still have an IMEI number?

Both firmwares indicated by you are installed through a custom recovery.You must have flashed(with the PC flash tool) the recovery first.

Beside those 2 firmware(in between maybe) did you also flashed(with the flash tool) another firmware?

My phone is Lenovo A806 and i reside in europe. I tried searching for the stock rom of this phone but i cannot find the stock emea rom whcih works in europe.

You weren't able to find an official/ stock ROW/EMEA region firmware because such a firmware dosen't exist.The A806 model is meant only for the Chinese market.The GSMARENA EMEA release info release is incorrect.

Regards.

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as ''ACCEPT AS SOLUTION"
Unsolicited PM's will not be answered! ....Please post your question/s in the appropriate forum board.

English English Community   Deutsche Deutsche Community   Español Comunidad en Español   ru.gif Русскоязычное Сообщество
Options

5 Posts

12-29-2014

16 Signins

63 Page Views

• Message 3 of 7

2015-06-21, 9:37 AM

The only thing i flashed by using the Sp Flash tool is the CWM Recovery. After that the sim Card did not work i flashed various other Roms by using the Sp Flash tools.

When i type #*06# i get invalid imei problem and also when i check in the settings there is no baseband.

I tried following this tutorial by using the first method mentioned ( using the MTK Tools) to repair the imei but i still get invalid imei. https://forum.hovatek.com/thread-116.html

Options

4 Posts

06-23-2015

United Kingdom

7 Signins

32 Page Views

• Views: 32
  • Message 4 of 7

2015-06-23, 11:46 AM

Hi there,

Probably not the best way to start but for sure very honest. I have to say this. I am very disappointed with the Lenovo Support. My phone model not even being recognized by Lenovo website so can go beyond that using website support and no other contact details so I can ask for help. Also in this forum where I have registered there isn't any option to open a new thread? How come? How can one ask for help. Neither my IMEI being recognized. Veeeeeer very pooor support. 

Now to the problem. My phone out of nowhere doesn't recognize any sim card. It all has started one nice evening when I have sent a text to my friend arond 8:30pm from perfectly working phone. I haven't touched it but suddenly about 90 minutes later when I picked it up there was no sim card recognized anymore. Have tried a hard reset few times. Have tried different sim cards. Nothing. Can't dial #06# to find out whether IMEI is still valid as it says that my phone is turned to the airplane mode. Can't turnt it back on as the icon is gray and non clickable. Not saying that phone claims there is no sim card inserted anyway. My phone is still within the warrant but I guess I will need a magic wand to get something out of it. Pardon my arrogance but it seems that you are good as  a customer as long as you spending money and do not bother afterwards as pretty much anywhere you go these days you meet with the very same approach. No one to help just countless of hours spent searching internet, forums eg... like my time is also expensive guys as same as yours as Lenovo so not sure how come it is ok to waste that if you don't like yours to be wasted.

My phone is Lenovo A806.

Regards

Options

1 Posts

08-16-2015

Belgium

3 Signins

31 Page Views

• Views: 31
  • Message 5 of 7

2015-08-16, 20:35 PM

Hello Sir ;Sorry for the late reply and bad English , i'm from Belgium and first of all I'm not a developer and not responsible if you brick your phone ,  but it worked on my phone ,so I will try to help you because I also had many issues and have to searche the web for many weeks to find any help. I have found some solutions on the Malayan forum of the A806 ,but it's not easy to understand because I don't speak Indonisian. But now to the point , do the following. I used this tuto for flashing English twrp recovery , please follow instructions very well on the site of needrom, you must log in for link !! , go to '' Recovery TWRP MDS 2.8.0.0 (Lenovo A806) '' ( you can also install superuser with this recovery , just read instructions ) , then I downloaded this rom VIBEUI_V2.0_1501_7.80.1_DEV_806 , before flashing rom backup your current rom !!!! then go to advanced wipe and only wipe cache ,data and dalvik cache , don't factory reset or wipe system !!! ,Go back and hit install and choose the above downloaded rom file,after install choose '' wipe cache/dalvik cache'' , then reboot system.Now you should be on your new rom. IMPORTANT !!!! DON'T EVER UPDATE ROM !!! with the lenovo updater app on your device ! You will lose connectivity and will probably have a chinese rom .Also never flash a 808t rom they are only for Chinese A806 phone !!! When you are on the rom and you don't want certain apps , you can use'' titanium backup '' app ( from playstore) to freeze those apps. Don't remove apps completly !!! And at last , you might have issue with the weather app and gps function . Download the '' root explorer '' app ( Also on playstore ) , Go to the'' root '' file ,go to ''system'', go to'' build prop'' ,press and hold '' build prop '' and pick the option ''open with text editor'' than you will see the option ''mount as R/W ?'' choose ''yes'' . Than go to '' ro.product.locale.language=tr and change tr into en. than go to ro.product.locale.region=TR and change TR to US than scroll down to ro.lenovo.region=prc and chang prc to row.press back button on device and choose save changes . Now you will have a fully working rom with weather  and gps fully working.  , I hope this will work for you 

Options

4 Posts

06-23-2015

United Kingdom

7 Signins

32 Page Views

• Views: 32
  • Message 6 of 7

2015-08-20, 11:55 AM

Hi man and thanks for your reply with the solution to my problem. Unfortunately my phone stopped working very soon after completely and I am having a difficult time to get it fixed through the warranty so one thing is sure for me. No more Lenovo products for me in the future. Had enough of it, product and after support.

But I am sure your message helped more people who struggled with same or similar issues so your effort wasn't wasted ;)

Thanks again and take care of yourself!

Options

1 Posts

07-28-2017

United States of America

2 Signins

9 Page Views

• Views: 9
  • Message 7 of 7

2017-07-28, 12:23 PM
Does sim card work?
Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms