English Community

Lenovo PhonesA Series, Vibe B & Vibe C Smartphones
All Forum Topics
Options

5 Posts

07-08-2018

India

5 Signins

109 Page Views

  • Posts: 5
  • Registered: ‎07-08-2018
  • Location: India
  • Views: 109
  • Message 1 of 14

Lenovo a7000 SD card issue.

2018-07-08, 11:38 AM

Hi,

I have been using a7000 for past 2 years, and i have updated the version to Marshmallow. But, from last 4 weeks, i am keep on facing this isseue with my phone. 

 

While in use, all of a sudden all the apps stops responding . But the basic fetures like call and messaging works. I tried to restart the device by remove and re-insert the battery since none of the mechanical buttons responds. but the device never boot up. It hangs with Lenovo logo on screen. Later, device boot up when i removed the SD card from the slot. The SD card is class 10 internally formated (since upgraded to android v6) which contais all the installed apps and data. 

                                 Later, i figured it out that my phone will not start with SD card on, and inorder to reuse it, i have to do a format and all my data is gone. I thought it was a problem with memory card and bought a new one last week. But the issue happens again. There is no chance that my phone can survive without a memory card since the internal storage is 8 gb and all i get to use is only 800 MB. and it looks like somehow the data is getting corrupted in the SD card after a week of use. 

       

Please suggest a solution.

 

Solved! See the solution
Reply
Options

5 Posts

07-08-2018

India

5 Signins

109 Page Views

  • Posts: 5
  • Registered: ‎07-08-2018
  • Location: India
  • Views: 109
  • Message 2 of 14

Re: Lenovo a7000 SD card issue.

2018-07-08, 12:04 PM
Build number: A7000-a_S228_160621_ROW
Reply
Options

3949 Posts

12-01-2016

Philippines

1423 Signins

85486 Page Views

  • Posts: 3949
  • Registered: ‎12-01-2016
  • Location: Philippines
  • Views: 85486
  • Message 3 of 14

Re: Lenovo a7000 SD card issue.

2018-07-09, 18:58 PM

Hi SabariVL,

 

Let me help you figure out what's causing this issue. When you bought another SD card, did you store the same apps? Are those third-party apps? May I know what is the brand of your SD card as well?

 

 

Regards,
Daisy
Moto-Lenovo Support


**Please don't ask me questions by Personal Message; questions belong in the forums

Reply
Options

5 Posts

07-08-2018

India

5 Signins

109 Page Views

  • Posts: 5
  • Registered: ‎07-08-2018
  • Location: India
  • Views: 109
  • Message 4 of 14

Re: Lenovo a7000 SD card issue.

2018-07-10, 6:44 AM

Yes. I installed the same apps in new sd card and they are all from Play Store. I haven't installed any other thirdparty apps. 

SD card details:

Strontium 32 GB UHS-I CLASS 10

Reply
Options

3949 Posts

12-01-2016

Philippines

1423 Signins

85486 Page Views

  • Posts: 3949
  • Registered: ‎12-01-2016
  • Location: Philippines
  • Views: 85486
  • Message 5 of 14

Re: Lenovo a7000 SD card issue.

2018-07-11, 15:42 PM

 wrote:

Yes. I installed the same apps in new sd card and they are all from Play Store. I haven't installed any other thirdparty apps. 

SD card details:

Strontium 32 GB UHS-I CLASS 10


I see, thanks for answering the questions. It's best if you will install your apps to internal storage and keep your media to your SD card to avoid problems. We always recommend users to format the SD card as external as the device already has its own internal storage. Formatting the SD card as internal storage may lessen the life of the SDcard or may get corrupted.

 

-Daisy


0 person found this solution to be helpful.

This helped me too

Reply
Options

1 Posts

07-15-2018

India

4 Signins

102 Page Views

  • Posts: 1
  • Registered: ‎07-15-2018
  • Location: India
  • Views: 102
  • Message 6 of 14

IMPORTANT ! SD CARD UNSUPPORTED & UNFORMATED IN MY LENOVO A7000-a.

2018-08-01, 2:45 AM

Recently I upgrade my lenovo a7000-a lolipop to marshmallow but marshmallow provide feature format SD card as internal to move the apps so I am format my SD card as internal but when me move to app in memory card after some time I restart my phone the mobile show notification mobile not support SD card forget this SD card or formate as internal & portable I try formate my SD card but mobile show SD card unable to formate & then i try forget then formate but SD card not formate I reset my phone as factory data so at the time mobile so unsupported SD card & when I try to formate my SD card mobile show unable to formate & I will try also formate this SD card with PC but not formate by PC so what I do my Samsung SD card class 10 not work plz provide guidance to me.

Reply
Options

3949 Posts

12-01-2016

Philippines

1423 Signins

85486 Page Views

  • Posts: 3949
  • Registered: ‎12-01-2016
  • Location: Philippines
  • Views: 85486
  • Message 7 of 14

Re: IMPORTANT ! SD CARD UNSUPPORTED & UNFORMATED IN MY LENOVO A7000-a.

2018-08-01, 13:46 PM

 wrote:

Recently I upgrade my lenovo a7000-a lolipop to marshmallow but marshmallow provide feature format SD card as internal to move the apps so I am format my SD card as internal but when me move to app in memory card after some time I restart my phone the mobile show notification mobile not support SD card forget this SD card or formate as internal & portable I try formate my SD card but mobile show SD card unable to formate & then i try forget then formate but SD card not formate I reset my phone as factory data so at the time mobile so unsupported SD card & when I try to formate my SD card mobile show unable to formate & I will try also formate this SD card with PC but not formate by PC so what I do my Samsung SD card class 10 not work plz provide guidance to me.


Probably it's an issue with your SD card but please try another SD card to isolate the issue.

 

-Daisy

Reply
Options

2 Posts

08-08-2018

India

4 Signins

31 Page Views

  • Posts: 2
  • Registered: ‎08-08-2018
  • Location: India
  • Views: 31
  • Message 8 of 14

Re: Lenovo a7000 SD card issue.

2018-08-08, 8:49 AM

Even i am facing the same issue from last three months, at first my sd card got corrupted , then i formated the data used again it works fine for a week later same issue, i thought the memory card issue(sortium 32gb microSDHC class 10), brought a new samsung microSDHC class 10 sd card, after using for a week Now phone is turn on with a black screen when i insert a memory card without memory card its working fine.

Reply
Options

3949 Posts

12-01-2016

Philippines

1423 Signins

85486 Page Views

  • Posts: 3949
  • Registered: ‎12-01-2016
  • Location: Philippines
  • Views: 85486
  • Message 9 of 14

Re: Lenovo a7000 SD card issue.

2018-08-08, 14:25 PM

 wrote:

Even i am facing the same issue from last three months, at first my sd card got corrupted , then i formated the data used again it works fine for a week later same issue, i thought the memory card issue(sortium 32gb microSDHC class 10), brought a new samsung microSDHC class 10 sd card, after using for a week Now phone is turn on with a black screen when i insert a memory card without memory card its working fine.


Looks like it is an issue with your SD card since the phone is working fine with the SD card.

 

-Daisy

Reply
Options

2 Posts

08-08-2018

India

4 Signins

31 Page Views

  • Posts: 2
  • Registered: ‎08-08-2018
  • Location: India
  • Views: 31
  • Message 10 of 14

Re: Lenovo a7000 SD card issue.

2018-08-08, 14:57 PM

No it's not the problem with the SD card i formated the SD card once again now working fine....there is so issue if we use SD card internal storage..

 

Reply
Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms