Views: 913
Message 1 of 3

Lenovo A6010 - Contacts related apps crash

Device Information:
Build Number: A6010_S045_170622_16G_ROW

Android Version: 5.0.2
Hardware Version: H201
Android Security Patch Level: 2016-03-01

Whenever i try to open any app which needs to access contacts, it crashes. (e.g. Stock Messaging and Dialer app) 
I've been using this phone since early 2016 and this problem first appeared only around 5 months ago (i.e. ~ July 2018).

What i've tried:

• Clearing caches of following apps: Phone, Messaging, Contacts, Contacts Storage, Google Contacts Sync, Google Play Store, Google Play Services.
  • Uninstalling Google+, Whatsapp.
  • Using 3rd Party apps (e.g. Contacts+) - They crash as well.
  • Factory Reset - It works but the problem resurfaces after sometime.

I'm still unable to find a permanent solution. Any help in this regard would be appreciated.

Highlighted
Former Employee
Views: 656
Message 2 of 3

Re: Lenovo A6010 - Contacts related apps crash

Hi ali28729,

This is odd.  Check if your issue is happening in Safe Mode. Long press on Shutdown or Reboot, you will be prompted asking if you want to reboot to safe mode. After the phone starts up, “Safe mode” displays on the bottom left meaning safe mode is entered. After this, observe the phone within the day. Just a note, this will temporarily disable third-party apps. Once done observing the phone, restart to auto exit safe mode.

Regards,
Daisy
Moto-Lenovo Support

**Please don't ask me questions by Personal Message; questions belong in the forums

Vikidude
What's DOS?
Views: 212
Message 3 of 3

Re: Lenovo A6010 - Contacts related apps crash

Hello all,

I too having the same issue. Up to last month, I'm also checking this blog for any updates to recover my phone from a crash. Though I try to use my Lenovo A6010 in safe mode when I try to want a transaction to do I need a 3rd party app. That's can't be able to do in safe mode. So I required for another solution. I'm a developer so when I test my app on my phone I came with a problem with my app sign-in with facebook app. So I try to uninstall the facebook app. After that I tried to open the dialer, message, contacts, google pay & everything else is open. And I parallel uninstall the Whatsapp too. Now my problem fixes. So the latest version of facebook may unstable my Lenovo A6010.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors