cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Lollo
Paper Tape
Views: 260
Message 1 of 4

lenovo c2 K10a40 storage issues: free space not "seen", transfer to SD not possible

I cannot update any app since the (smart?phone) tells me there is not enough free space and doesn't even allow me to move Apps from Internal Memory to SD Drive

I check and here what I've got

INTERNAL MEMORY 7.65/8.00 GB

Breakdown

System:   4.44GB

App:         1.26GB

Chache:  0.44GB

but adding these trhee figures the sum is 6.14GB, not 7.56!! where are these 1.58GB missing????

SD Drive 7.49/29.24 GB (YES, more than 21GB FREE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)

Breakdown

App:         0.13GB

video:      0.01GB

audio:      0.45GB

Other:     4.82GB

Chache:  0.18GB

but adding these trhee figures the sum is 6.43GB, not 7.49!! where are these 1.06GB missing????

There is no way to move Apps from Internal Memory to SD Drive: "available space ot enough" is the message, even if the App is 30MB, tha available space in Internal MEmory is 0.350MB and the available space in the SD exceed 21.000MB

how can this be possible?

NOTE

Once I managed to move some Apps, but they then came back to Internal Memory

How can I solve this issue, please?

It is the first time in my life I'm not able to deal with issues like these

thanks

Lorenzo

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 203
Message 2 of 4

Re: lenovo c2 K10a40 storage issues: free space not "seen", transfer to SD not possible

Hi Lorenzo,

Thanks for posting. Usually, you will not be able to move your apps to sd card if it set as portable, you can only move pictures and photos to the sd card and it will not share its storage to the phone's internal storage. Can you please confirm the sd card you're using - a picture sample of your sd card will help. Also, did you set it as internal? Let me know. Thanks.

Best regards,
Rich
Motorola-Lenovo Support

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Lollo
Paper Tape
Views: 182
Message 3 of 4

Re: lenovo c2 K10a40 storage issues: free space not "seen", transfer to SD not possible

Hello Rich,

thanks for helping me

Indeed I've set the SD card as internal memory: few apps are there, all the other ones are in the internal memory, who again is showing a missing 1,3 GB of memory. do yuo know why this happens? why if the space occupied is around 6GB, the memory at the top shows 7,78/8? my phone is jammed, I can't update the apps I can't enter my bank account!!!!

why can't I move apps to the additional memory??? why apps are automatically moved to the internal memory?

attached a photo of the SD card and screenshots on memory status

please help me

thanks

20191004_233129.jpg

20191004_233203.jpg

20191004_233226.jpg

20191004_230651.jpg

Motorola Admin Motorola Admin
Motorola Admin
Views: 148
Message 4 of 4

@Lollo wrote:

Hello Rich,

thanks for helping me

Indeed I've set the SD card as internal memory: few apps are there, all the other ones are in the internal memory, who again is showing a missing 1,3 GB of memory. do yuo know why this happens? why if the space occupied is around 6GB, the memory at the top shows 7,78/8? my phone is jammed, I can't update the apps I can't enter my bank account!!!!

why can't I move apps to the additional memory??? why apps are automatically moved to the internal memory?

attached a photo of the SD card and screenshots on memory status

please help me

thanks

20191004_233129.jpg

20191004_233203.jpg

20191004_233226.jpg

20191004_230651.jpg

So there are a couple of things that could be causing some issues here. First, your internal storage is very low and could be causing problems with performing basic functions. I'd recommend backing cleaning up your internal storage first by either backing up to a computer or deleting some unused apps. Second, the SD Card you're using is only a Class 4 card which will be extremely slow for using as adopted/internal storage and you will likely have poor performance on the phone when using that card while formatted as internal.  I'd recommend a higher class SD Card at least Class 10 when trying to format an SD card as internal. Otherwise, I would recommend formatting the card as portable and move pictures/movies/media to the card to free up space for apps on the device.

-Tom

-Tom

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors