Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
TariqS
Fanfold Paper
Views: 341
Message 1 of 8

Settings not saved in Lenovo A5

I have installed 3rd party launcher and set it as default homescreen app, but whenever I restart the phone, default launcher is set to lenovo's own launcher, I am tired of setting this again and again.

A similar problem is in settings, in developer options i always set "select usb configuration" to MTP, but it always reverted back to "charging" all the time. 

Google feed is also not showing when i swipe to left in the default launcher and also in 3rd party launcher (in 3rd party launcher google feed is working in my another handset).

This handset is really very poor in terms of performance, i really regret buying it. Lots of problems......

Guru
Views: 320
Message 2 of 8

Re: Settings not saved in Lenovo A5

Hey,

Try resetting app preferences. Go to settings /apps/ tap on the 3 dots and choose reset app preferences.

Regards,
Amal

If I helped you HIT KUDOS

If I solved Your issue Mark it as Solution                                                                                               

TariqS
Fanfold Paper
Views: 303
Message 3 of 8

issue persists
Guru
Views: 299
Message 4 of 8

Hey,

I dont own the device but can u check if it has battery optimization feature ? In settings/ battery. If it is enabled for the launcher then turn it off. 

While restarting all the 3rd party apps will be closed and during startup 3rd party apps starts only after system apps. Which means during the re boot the phone will prefer stock launcher because the 3rd party app is not available . What about other A5 users? 

About MTP issue, it's a common issue faced by many phones. It's designed that way by Google.

Regards,
Amal

If I helped you HIT KUDOS

If I solved Your issue Mark it as Solution                                                                                               

TariqS
Fanfold Paper
Views: 284
Message 5 of 8

Dear,

I have tried everything that i could and i knew. As far as other users are concerned, please check this thread.

I have checked it after posting my question. In general, this model is quite problematic and I will never recommend this to anyone.

Performance wise it has lots of issues.

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/A5-L18021-Smartphones/Cant-change-default-launcher/td-p/4300796

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 250
Message 6 of 8

@TariqS wrote:

I have installed 3rd party launcher and set it as default homescreen app, but whenever I restart the phone, default launcher is set to lenovo's own launcher, I am tired of setting this again and again.

A similar problem is in settings, in developer options i always set "select usb configuration" to MTP, but it always reverted back to "charging" all the time. 

Google feed is also not showing when i swipe to left in the default launcher and also in 3rd party launcher (in 3rd party launcher google feed is working in my another handset).

This handset is really very poor in terms of performance, i really regret buying it. Lots of problems......

Hi TariqS,

Greetings from Lenovo,

We are sorry for the inconvenience that may have caused. This is to update you that we have forwarded your concern to the respective team about Launcher query once we have an update we will let you know.

Regarding "USB configuration" query it is working as per design.

We request you to try these below checkpoints to avail the Google Feed on your device. 

1. Reconfigure your Gmail ID.

2. Tap on Settings>>Google>>3 vertical dots>>Clear app data. (Reboot the device)

Thanks & Regards
Nikh
Lenovo-Moto Support

Highlighted
TariqS
Fanfold Paper
Views: 226
Message 7 of 8

still no google feed

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 138
Message 8 of 8

Hi TariqS,

Thanks for trying the suggested steps. I'd like to confirm, can't you swipe the screen to the left or you can swipe it, but just a blank page?

Best regards,
Rich
Motorola-Lenovo Support

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors