02-27-2011

US

1 Signins

24 Page Views

• Views: 24
  • Message 611 of 924

Re: Bootloader Solution

2011-04-18, 20:37 PM

41 pages on this topic and still not update from Motorola on how this is progressing...???????

Options

260 Posts

06-07-2010

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 612 of 924

2011-04-18, 21:51 PM

gr8danes wrote:

41 pages on this topic and still not update from Motorola on how this is progressing...???????

Real question is why did you buy from Motorola?

Options

50 Posts

01-23-2010

New York

23 Signins

148 Page Views

• Views: 148
  • Message 613 of 924

2011-04-18, 21:54 PM

Yurtesen why are you here bro!?

On Apr 18, 2011 5:51 PM, "yurtesen" <motorola-mobile@hosted.jivesoftware.com

Lenovo IdeaPad Y550P(324156U)
Intel Core i7 720QM(1.60GHz)
4GB Memory DDR3 1066
500GB HDD 5400rpm
NVIDIA GeForce GT 240M
Windows 7 Professional
Options

344 Posts

02-27-2011

US

1 Signins

24 Page Views

• Views: 24
  • Message 614 of 924

2011-04-18, 22:03 PM

Uh........because they promised one?  At least they did on their facebook page.  That is pretty much as good as publicly announcing it.  Had I known that they were intending not to, I would have steered clear of Motorola.

My bad for beliving them.  Won't be fooled twice.

Options

50 Posts

01-23-2010

New York

23 Signins

148 Page Views

• Views: 148
  • Message 615 of 924

2011-04-18, 22:13 PM

Guy thinks we wanted to buy a locked device.

On Apr 18, 2011 6:04 PM, "gr8danes" <motorola-mobile@hosted.jivesoftware.com

Lenovo IdeaPad Y550P(324156U)
Intel Core i7 720QM(1.60GHz)
4GB Memory DDR3 1066
500GB HDD 5400rpm
NVIDIA GeForce GT 240M
Windows 7 Professional
Options

58 Posts

04-03-2011

United States

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Views: 0
  • Message 616 of 924

2011-04-18, 22:14 PM

How many people asked Moto formally for a solution, by chat phone or email using the link above?

I had 4 chat conversations and was told the request would forward upward. I just wiped my phone, packed it up, slapped AT&amp;Ts return label on it and placed it outside for my fedex guy to take far away from me. It felt sooo good :-)

Options

58 Posts

04-03-2011

United States

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Views: 0
  • Message 617 of 924

2011-04-18, 22:21 PM

Sorry for double post but Moto forums wont let me edit because only a computer is capable of that. (Ha)

The chatt link to Moto Mobiliy for those of you stuck with your pile of stinky Moto phone:

https://motorola-global-portal.custhelp.com/app/chat/chat_launch/p_country_code/US/p_reference/moto_integration.php

Email and phone options are on their site and easy to use as well.

Good luck guys!

Good riddence Motorola!

Options

16 Posts

08-03-2015

United States

12 Signins

35 Page Views

• Views: 35
  • Message 618 of 924

2011-04-18, 23:19 PM

Awesome. I just finished chatting with them and it sounds like I got the run-around:

"Ron: I sincerely apologize for the inconvenience. But we do not have updates yet if the bootloader on the phone will be unlocked.

Ron: This conversation will reviewed after we wrap this up, assuredly this issue will be address on our higher Department."

Unfortunately he then proceeded to do his best to avoid any mention of what this "highest department" was, only saying after much prodding that it is "one of our Technicians and Engineers." I think they have no intention of unlocking the bootloader and are now trying to CYA.

Conversation:

Ron: Hi, my name is Ron. How may I help you?

James: Hi Ron!

Ron: How are you, James?

James: I'm wondering - when will the bootloader of the Atrix be unlocked? I understand from this post on Facebook that this will be made available to users:  http://www.facebook.com/note.php?note_id=495971028278

Ron: I sincerely apologize for the inconvenience. But we do not have updates yet if the bootloader on the phone will be unlocked.

Ron: This conversation will reviewed after we wrap this up, assuredly this issue will be address on our higher Department.

James: I see. Then how do I go about putting a stock Android ROM onto my device?

Ron: I am sorry, but there is no settings or options to reflash the Software of the Atrix.

Ron: Is there anything else?

James: Okay. Can I please have the contact information for this higher Department so I can follow up with them?

Ron: As much as I can help you James, we do not have any direct number to our Higher Department. I do suggest to contact us from time to time for more news and updates of the phone.

James: yes please

James: can you please transfer me to thm?

James: *them?

Ron: I am sorry, but we can't transfer you to them.

James: what can you tell me about them?

Ron: Actually, this conversation will be reviewed after we end this up.

James: yes, but by whom?

Ron: By one of our higher department.

James: yes but who is that? So far you haven't given me any information about them and frankly as your customer I now have no assurance this will actually be worked on by anyone higher up

James: so what can you do for me as far as verification this will actually be worked on?

Ron: Basically, there's a small number of users of the phone that are as well asking for unlocking the bootloader of the Atrix

Ron: One of our higher department that are working on this issues are one of our Technicians and Engineers.

James: Sure. Is there an ETA for this to happen?

Ron: I am sorry, but we do not have specific time and date if when it will be available.

James: I see. But you can say for certain this will be done?

Ron: As of now we can't say.

James: yes, please. Is there ticket or other reference number for this conversation so I can check back later? I'd like to follow up on the status of this being done

Ron: You can use this as numbers as your reference number: *******************.

James: That's it, thank you for the help!

Ron: You're welcome.

Ron: If you need any more information get in touch. Thanks from Motorola, bye!

Ron has disconnected.

Options

11 Posts

03-24-2011

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 619 of 924

2011-04-19, 0:48 AM

I'm a little curious.  Motorola's facebook statement spoke of a bootloader "solution."  Implicit in that statement is that there is a problem in need of solving.  I believe most of us reading this thread thinks that the problem is obvious: The bootloader is locked, so you are unable to put a custom ROM on your phone.  Would it be possible to get an explicit statement of what Motorola believes the problem is?  And, of particular importance to people here, is the Atrix suffering from this problem?  Is the solution going to solve said problem in all Motorola devices with the problem?

On a related note, it's my understanding that Motorola only makes official announcements when they are ready to announce something concrete.  Are we to believe that Motorola had been discussing a change in its bootloader policy, and by some cosmic coincidence, happened to be ready to make an announcement right after the Motorola Youtube channel manager put his digital foot in his digital oriface?  Or was the announcement, as it appears to me, just a naked ploy to ameliorate the PR problem right when Motorola was in the spotlight after CES?  Door number three?

Message was edited by: decoyd.  Fixed a typo.

Options

44 Posts

03-21-2011

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 620 of 924

2011-04-19, 1:44 AM

I think the "problem" is that Moto severely underestimated the level of outrage they'd see as a result of locking down the device as they have.

Their "solution" so far seems to be to ride out the storm and hope the problem goes away.

Unfortunately, angry users might go away... but they do not forget.

Forum Mark! An update, if you will?

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete