03-18-2011

United States

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Views: 0
  • Message 1 of 4

Finger printer reader issue

2011-08-12, 20:14 PM

My phones finger print scanner just started going hay wire today. If I press it to unlock my phone when it asks for me to scan my finger and just keeps vibrating saying swipe to fast and won't stop. In restarted the phone and checked and wiped down the finger print scanner even though it looks clean but I sill have the same issue. I don't think its due to the gingerbread update as it just started to happen today. Any one else have this issue? I would live to have a working scanner again.

Options

5 Posts

09-02-2011

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 2 of 4

Re: Finger printer reader issue

2011-09-02, 22:42 PM

I have just made a similar post. Looks like a long standing defect with the phones which Motorolla is ignoring, Posts on this subject go back for months, most phone owners seem to put it down to software glitches as the failures can co-incide with software changes. As a non app user and non upgrader the failure of my finger swipe looks like a hardware problem to me.

A response from motorola would be appreciated

Options

21 Posts

06-18-2011

United States

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 3 of 4

2011-09-03, 0:46 AM

I have to admit, I like the fingerprint reader.  It took me a bit to "get it right", I almost gave up on it, but with the upgrade to GB, it is much faster and works as well as could be expected. 

The best way to get it working consistently is just like hitting a golf ball consistently.  Same motion every time.  Start by retraining the sensor.  Here I think is the key: hold the phone normally and train each finger from there.  I hold the phone between the thumb and middle fingers and with the first crease of the index finger I hit the power and then slide straight down.  I noticed that my left finger covers more of the center while the right finger slides down at more of an angle.  Both are OK, as long as you repeat consistently.  Try watching the way you are holding the phone and try to repeat.  Make it habit and you'll be good to go.

Now only if I could do the same in golf... 

Options

4 Posts

09-02-2011

United Kingdom

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 4 of 4

2011-09-10, 0:53 AM

I had the same issue.  New phone, finger print recognition worked for one day.  Reset it. Worked for a further two days then no more :-(  However retailer replaced phone with a new one and that works fine (so far!)

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete