What's DOS?
Message 1 of 177 (1,242 Views)

ATRIX 4G: Notifications/Status bar went missing

How do I reset to factory default

Moto Sr Moderator
Message 2 of 177 (1,242 Views)

Re: ATRIX 4G: Notifications/Status bar went missing

I am a little confused by your post: 

Question title say status bar, but question content asks "How do I reset to factory default."  Does this mean you want to factory reset the device or just the status bar?

This is the D4 help page that gives instructions for a factory data reset (FDR).  When going for a total wipe of your device, we usually recommend using the external key method...

https://motorola-global-portal.custhelp.com/app/answers/prod_answer_detail/a_id/76044/p/30%2C6720%2C...

If you are seeking to FDR only the status bar, what exactly are you trying to get rid of?

Comment in the spirit of COMMUNITY: "Share experiences / expertise, engage in the discussions, and offer advice and suggestions.
What's DOS?
Message 3 of 177 (1,242 Views)

Well I have an Atrix 4G but on the Motorola web site the 4 Droid is all that it will let me list my phone as so that clear (I hope) is this.  I lost my status bar on my phone for some reason, (the bar at the top that gives me the info i.e. battery, signal, bluetooth on, etc and also it tells me when I have a text message or missed call etc.  I have removed the battery several times and rebooted the phone back up and the status bar is there but if I touch anything on the screen i.e. anser the phone, look at text etc it disappears again.  So I went to the web site and sent an e-mail to support since I still have warranty on my phone, and they said after the fourth e-mail all I could do is do a factory default on my phone.  THey did say I would lose everything but since I have not had the phone too long I can get my contacts back etc and that is all I want really.  I can get all the apps and everything back.  It is just frustrating going through all this for the phone just to work right.  This is the fourth "different" problem I have had with this phone and here where I live to gt a question answered at the phone center consist of waiting for three hours then them telling me to contact Motorola support because the do not know how to fix the problem.  I'll tell you this, it really surprises me that Motorola is doing this because I worked for them for almost 10 years and there is no way at that time we would have treated a customer this way.  If they could not fix the phone they would have replaced it then resold the other as refurbished.  I am very disappointed as I said and sad that Quality and customer satisfaction is not their first objective any longer. 

Moto Sr Moderator
Message 4 of 177 (1,242 Views)

mgrose53 said:

Well I have an Atrix 4G but on the Motorola web site the 4 Droid is all that it will let me list my phone as so that clear (I hope) is this.  I lost my status bar on my phone for some reason, (the bar at the top that gives me the info i.e. battery, signal, bluetooth on, etc and also it tells me when I have a text message or missed call etc.  I have removed the battery several times and rebooted the phone back up and the status bar is there but if I touch anything on the screen i.e. anser the phone, look at text etc it disappears again.  So I went to the web site and sent an e-mail to support since I still have warranty on my phone, and they said after the fourth e-mail all I could do is do a factory default on my phone.  THey did say I would lose everything but since I have not had the phone too long I can get my contacts back etc and that is all I want really.  I can get all the apps and everything back.  It is just frustrating going through all this for the phone just to work right.  This is the fourth "different" problem I have had with this phone and here where I live to gt a question answered at the phone center consist of waiting for three hours then them telling me to contact Motorola support because the do not know how to fix the problem.  I'll tell you this, it really surprises me that Motorola is doing this because I worked for them for almost 10 years and there is no way at that time we would have treated a customer this way.  If they could not fix the phone they would have replaced it then resold the other as refurbished.  I am very disappointed as I said and sad that Quality and customer satisfaction is not their first objective any longer. 

OK.  

So you have an Atrix 4G where the status bar appears after a reboot but if you do anything with the phone the status bar disappears.  Is this right?

Does this happen when you use the Atrix in Safe Mode?

• Power down.  Wait a minute.

• Power the phone up.

• When you see the Motorola Logo during power up, press and hold both volume buttons until you see the home screen

• Your screen will show Safe Mode in the lower left corner.

• Note:  You can get out of Safe Mode by just powering down, then power up normally.

Comment in the spirit of COMMUNITY: "Share experiences / expertise, engage in the discussions, and offer advice and suggestions.
802.11n
Message 5 of 177 (1,242 Views)

If you have a third party home launcher like ADW Launcher, Go Launcher, etc., you might have the "Hide Status Bar" checked off. Uncheck this and it should work. 

What's DOS?
Message 6 of 177 (1,242 Views)

I do not have a third party home launcher itsallgood, not that I know of anyway and I did try the safemode method and the status bar stayed for about 30 minutes then it was gone again.  Eaccents I am not trying to get "rid" of anything I am trying to get my status bar back. 

Moto Sr Moderator
Message 7 of 177 (1,242 Views)

mgrose53 said:

I do not have a third party home launcher itsallgood, not that I know of anyway and I did try the safemode method and the status bar stayed for about 30 minutes then it was gone again.  Eaccents I am not trying to get "rid" of anything I am trying to get my status bar back. 

So no alternate launcher app....and you want to get your status bar back (after it disappears).  Got it.

Does your status bar remain hidden if you rotate your device?

What's DOS?
Message 8 of 177 (1,242 Views)

Settings, Privacy, Factory reset but be aware this will not fix your problem if it's the same as I'm seeing. I'm now expecting my 3rd replacement ATRIX from ATT due to lost status bar and other issues. When the phone is in standby and an email is received the status bar is gone when activated. Only way to get bar back is power off and back on. If I receive an incoming phone call after receiving an email in standby the phone will not allow me to answer as it won't show the incoming call and allow unlock with swipe. I hung up on my wife 3 times today. I use the universal messaging icon often and have had all icons "disappear" once anything is received which requires a power off and on to fix. I've had the ATRIX since 5 May last year (2011) with no problems till 3 weeks ago. I don't believe the 3rd replacement will work either. I just looked at it while it's charging and note that an email had been received and my status bar is gone again. This has to be an OS issue from either Motorola or ATT. I can't believe that 4 handsets doing the same thing is hardware. Hope this helps cause I'm VERY frustrated as the same broke issue keeps being sent as replacement.

What's DOS?
Message 9 of 177 (1,242 Views)

I am having the same problem with status bar. I had another new Atrix 4g at home tried it same problem with that one

Gary

What's DOS?
Message 10 of 177 (1,242 Views)

Also noticed that now Corporate Sync mail does not show up in message widget