Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Highlighted
What's DOS?
Message 1 of 217 (344 Views)

atrix upgrade status news changed today, explain

Hi, I see a status update says future plans details will be coming, does that mean we are still in development for ICS or can we expect a rebate offer?

What's DOS?
Message 2 of 217 (344 Views)

Re: atrix upgrade status news changed today, explain

Isn't it amazing that an "Update" provides even less information than before.  Would it be that hard to provide a little more info in the Atrix forum to say what Moto is planning to do, along with sufficient disclaimers to cover your behind in case no upgrade happens?  It is the silence and non-responsiveness that is aggravating us.

Moto Sr Moderator
Message 3 of 217 (344 Views)

I really wished they did not leave it open like that. All I can say is I did not see this coming. If we at least had an answer if its delayed or a no go. I  wish I could help with more information myself but I found out by this post myself.sad

What's DOS?
Message 4 of 217 (344 Views)

motofail

Moto Sr Moderator
Message 5 of 217 (344 Views)

Make sure you sign up here for $100 if your phone does not get updated, I'm saying it wont but there is no reason not to sign up here just encase.

https://motorola-global-portal.custhelp.com/ci/documents/detail/2/motorola-jelly-bean-rebate_en-US

Here are the terms for it as well.

1 Applies to United States sales of Android Motorola smart phones first offered in 2011 or later.

2 Official program details will be found at this site at a future date. $100 provided in the form of a Gift Card, carrier credit or other cash equivalent at Motorola's sole discretion.

Now with this, maybe they are just going to go for JB instead????

What's DOS?
Message 6 of 217 (344 Views)

I was hoping the same when I first read that post, maybe thats the case.  It's just wishful thinking now.

What's DOS?
Message 7 of 217 (344 Views)

The status of the Candian version is "Will remain on Gingerbread (Android 2.3)" ... so I would expect the US version to do the same.  

Seemed pretty obvious when they announced the $100 rebate if they didn't upgrade your phone to ICS.  Gave then a really easy out.

I've been pretty disappointed with the Atrix ... it was my first Android phone and, at this point, probably be my last.

Come March, I'll be getting an iPhone.

What's DOS?
Message 8 of 217 (344 Views)

Dear Motorola you just FAILED, when you say that our devices will be upgraded in Q3 and then you say that you dont even have plans it's a shame. you are BIG company not like supermarket near my house, you are responsible for your announcements.

You FAILED cuz u do not understand that u dissapointed ADVANCED users and you do not understand that people ask advice from advanced users which phone to buy and i will tell everyone NOT TO BUY MOTOROLA cuz MOTOROLA do not have SUPPORT at all. 

6 or 7 month we were waiting for ICS and now you say that you have no plans. SHAME ON YOU MOTOROLA.

What's DOS?
Message 9 of 217 (344 Views)

If there are no firm plans from Motorola by about November, perhaps I'll experiment with one of the alternatives.  That's when I'm eligible to upgrade anyway, so it won't matter too much if I brick my Atrix.  I may or may not stick with Motorola, that'll depend on what's available when I do upgrade.

What's DOS?
Message 10 of 217 (344 Views)

Boy that new iPhone 5 is looking real good right now!  At least with Apple you know your device gets some kind of upgrade.  Even my wife's old 3GS which was bought before my Backflip which came way before the Atrix is still getting upgrades.  

I never thought I would be thinking this way but Moto is not moving in the right direction as far as I can see now.   I thought Google would be a good thing but now I wonder.  Thousands laid off including one of the best forum managers they could have had.  And now they are muddying the waters even more about the future of the Atrix.  

Moto, please clear this mess up soon.  Most of us Atrix owners are coming due for a new phone soon and Moto is not looking too good in my eyes right now.

Please divulge at least some information.