Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

Motorola Community

Older Devices ArchiveMoto Blur PhonesATRIX™ 4G with MOTOBLUR™
All Forum Topics
Options

36 Posts

03-31-2010

United States

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Views: 0
  • Message 1 of 3

Can't enroll fingerprint

2011-08-11, 16:19 PM

I just got a brand new Atrix and tried to set up finger print security.  I got to the enrollment screen but nothing happened when I swiped my finger.  No messages and no check boxes to tally the swipes.  I looked at the forum and there was a long discussion about flakey fingerprint operation but many responses said that a reboot resolved the issue so I rebooted.  Sure enough, now when I try to enroll, it recognizes a swipe but then gives the following error "Enrollment Error.  You seem to have swiped a finger that has already been enrolled.  Let's start over.  Be sure to swipe a different finger."  So I'm not happy right off the bat!  The "Clear stored fingerprints" menu entry is greyed out, so it seems to have captured a fingerprint at the start but not recognized it, and now I can't clear it.  Any ideas on how to get this to work (short of a factory reset which is the standard Motorola solution)?

Options

28352 Posts

02-02-2016

United States of America

5842 Signins

132780 Page Views

• Views: 132780
  • Message 2 of 3

Re: Can't enroll fingerprint

2011-08-11, 16:39 PM

If something is not behaving right - the software is corrupted, then a factory reset is the best bet. Who knows what else is flaky....

Did MotoBlur setup correctly?

You could try setting up some other type of security and then switch back to see if you can get the option to clear existing finger prints.

* Search box is your friend * I don't respond to PM if question belongs in forum
Options

36 Posts

03-31-2010

United States

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Views: 0
  • Message 3 of 3

Re: Can't enroll fingerprint

2011-08-11, 16:56 PM

I was able to get it working without having to do a factory reset.  I enrolled some other fingers, then I was able to delete the other records and start over and I was able to get it to work.  That seems to be a reasonable workaround if others run into a similar problem.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms