Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

Motorola Community

Older Devices ArchiveMoto Blur PhonesATRIX™ 4G with MOTOBLUR™
All Forum Topics
Options

117 Posts

03-24-2011

United States

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Views: 0
  • Message 1 of 8

Exchange calendar events aren't appearing in the calendar

2012-01-24, 1:21 AM

I have an Exchange account set up on my Atrix and for some reason not all of the events in my Exchange calendar get synced to the phone. I see some of them but not others which is frustrating as I can't view all of my appointments on the phone.

I have the same account setup on another Android phone which uses Cyanogenmod 7 which has the stock calendar and can I view all the events there so it is definitely an issue related to MotoBlur and the Atrix calendar.

I've tried removing the Exchange account and readding it and resyncing but it didn't make any difference.

Has anyone else come across this? Any ideas how to fix this issue?

Options

28352 Posts

02-02-2016

United States of America

5842 Signins

132780 Page Views

• Views: 132780
  • Message 2 of 8

Re: Exchange calendar events aren't appearing in the calendar

2012-01-24, 13:45 PM

The only time i have heard of this is with some type of account corruption on the exchange server. It is usually solved by having your admin delete the Exchange account and recreate.

* Search box is your friend * I don't respond to PM if question belongs in forum
Options

117 Posts

03-24-2011

United States

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 3 of 8

2012-01-24, 23:48 PM

I deleted the Exchange ActiveSync partnership using OWA and reestablished it by recreating the account and I still have the same issue. I don't think it's related to the account as then I would not see the calendar items in the other partnership, would I?

Options

28352 Posts

02-02-2016

United States of America

5842 Signins

132780 Page Views

• Message 4 of 8

2012-01-25, 14:24 PM

Deleting the partnership is not the same as having your Exchange administrator delete and recreate your profile. Many times when you are missing some calendar items, it is because something is corrupted in the mailbox. The Exchange Admin can delete your email account and recreate to fix this (without losing your email and data) - but the Exchange Admin is the only one that can solve this.

The other possibility is that your calendar settings on your Atrix are set to a short time period, and maybe you are missing re-occurring events that originated further back.

If one phone has the events and another doesn't it is either due to corrupt data, and one phone handles it better, or settings on the phone.

What version of Exchange is this?Is there any pattern to what events are missing? Special characters, acceptance date, etc.?

* Search box is your friend * I don't respond to PM if question belongs in forum
Options

117 Posts

03-24-2011

United States

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 5 of 8

2012-01-25, 23:38 PM

I see all the calendar events in Outlook, OWA and my Android tablet so I seriously that the data is corrupt as then I should see some of the events missing from them.

The only thing that is common is that they are all not recurring events and are meetings (i.e. have another attendee) rather than straight appointments. However, some meetings appear but not others.

The server is using Exchange 14.

Options

28352 Posts

02-02-2016

United States of America

5842 Signins

132780 Page Views

• Message 6 of 8

2012-01-26, 2:53 AM

I am not sure what version exchange 14 is, maybe 2010? I don't have any other suggestions; but all times i have heard of events not syncing it was due to corruption on the exchange server.

If it is something more phone related, you seem to be one of very few people experiencing it. Can your exchange admin look in the logs?

Options

184 Posts

06-14-2011

United States

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 7 of 8

2012-01-27, 17:45 PM

I have had an issue with a few of our phones on exhcnage...none of the morotola units though.  I removed the account from the phone and rebooted it.  Then before adding the account back I went on my exchange server and removed the portable device from the persons list of accepted devices.    This way you truley connect with a clean slate. 

I have never had to do more than that.

Options

36 Posts

03-31-2010

United States

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 8 of 8

2012-02-25, 17:52 PM

Recently many repeated meetings have disappeared from my phone but still appear in Outlook 2003.  Not all repeated meetings disappear.  This has not been an issue until lately so may be related to the Android 2.3.6, build 4.5.141 upgrade.  Rebooting and resyncing don't still doesn't show many of the items.  This is VERY SERIOUS.  I haven't seen non-repeating meetings disappear so it may be a different problem than shown above.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms