cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JamesRM
What's DOS?
Views: 9,589
Message 1 of 8

How to unlock the bootloader of a Tab3 8 Plus?

Hi, I'd like to know what the procedure is, or how to unlock the Tab3 8 Plus tablet, TB-8703F (also known as the P8?).

I know it may void my warranty and all but I'd like to develop on it and I need to be able to boot unsigned images, hence the bootloader unlock.

I've tried the usual things, enabling "OEM unlocking" in the development settings and doing a fastboot oem unlock in Fastboot mode, but when I do I'm greeted by this message: 

fastboot oem unlock
FAILED (remote: Need wipe userdata. Do 'fastboot oem unlock-go')
finished. total time: 0.025s

Issuing a fastboot oem unlock-go makes the tablet reboot and start erasing userdata, after which it boots up again into the system; but the bootloader is still locked:

fastboot oem device-info
(bootloader)    Device tampered: false
(bootloader)    Device unlocked: false
(bootloader)    Device critical unlocked: false
(bootloader)    Charger screen enabled: true
(bootloader)    Display panel:
(bootloader)    Device Verity Mode: enforcing
OKAY [  0.080s]

What is the proper way to unlock it?

Thank you for your time and answers,

James.

JamesRM
What's DOS?
Views: 9,326
Message 2 of 8

Re: How to unlock the bootloader of a Tab3 8 Plus?

Hi, 2 weeks have passed since I wrote this thread asking how to unlock the bootloader of a Tab3 8 Plus and there has been no reply (official or otherwise).

Is it not the right place for the thread? I posted it the Android Ecosystem Developers because I thought it was appropriate, in any case it's under the Lenovo Developer Community section.

If it's not the right place please let me know where to direct this question, and thanks again,

James.

hERCULES1
Paper Tape
Views: 9,248
Message 3 of 8

unfortunately bootloader Lenovo P8 (tb-8703f) doesn't unlock ...you can try  fastboot oem unlock-go (oem unlock not allowed here) but when you writing    fastboot oem device-info , says false 

This is a big fault from Lenovo !! & I hope to fix it with a update !

sry for english

HoTsHoT89
What's DOS?
Views: 8,831
Message 4 of 8

This needs to be answered. The other Tab models have been unlockable, and the Tab 3 8 Plus also has a Snapdragon processor which can be unlocked. There is no reason to provide an option there in the developer settings yet not being able to, as we are all stuck with an able tablet but held back by a simple issue like this one.

We need an answer to this problem.

Fabrz
Paper Tape
Views: 8,574
Message 5 of 8

I see that a lot of people got this tablet on sale and xda community is starting to notice it. Lenovo behaviour will really set a difference between success and failure.

I hope they understand this and provide some update to unlock bootloader and everything needed to jumpstart unofficial rom development, since they wont update to an official Android 7 or 8.

hERCULES1
Paper Tape
Views: 8,538
Message 6 of 8

Yes I hope ...

Now we have 3 threads Lenovo P8 on xda :  https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/lenovo-p8

let's hope Lenovo gets serious (?) the bootloader needs to unlock !! but Lenovo is asleep I think..

prasannakumar3
What's DOS?
Views: 1,746
Message 7 of 8

anyone got solution for this issue?

Highlighted
CJKIM
What's DOS?
Views: 184
Message 8 of 8

have you found a solution ?  I am still looking for the solution. But not found it how to unlock a bootloader. 

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors