Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JaguarJay
Paper Tape
Views: 443
Message 1 of 2

Lenovo Tab 7 Essential (TB-7304F) Bootloader

Hi, I recently bought a Lenovo TB-7304F to use in my car as an infotainment display, but I would like to root it to gain full control over any power related settings. I know this will probably void my warranty but I don't care that much.

The first hurdle was to get the bootloader unlocked, but this wasn't as easy as it seemed. Using ADB I can connect to the tablet and put it into fastboot mode. When in fastboot mode, the device answers to both the <fastboot devices> command and the <fastboot getvar all> command, returning the proper values. Most importantly (as far as I know), it returns these values:

(bootloader)    off-mode-charge: 1
(bootloader)    warranty: yes
(bootloader)    unlocked: no
(bootloader)    secure: yes
(bootloader)    kernel: lk
(bootloader)    product: HQ8167_TB_N
(bootloader)    version-preloader: 0.1.00
(bootloader)    version: 0.5

However, whenever I want to use any form of unlocking the bootloader (<fastboot oem unlock> or <fastboot flashing unlock>) the command prompt returns the lines:

FAILED (remote: 'unknown command')
Finished. Total time: 0.00Xs

Is there any way to unlock the bootloader so I can finally get to work on rooting this device?

EDIT: Forgot to mention that "OEM Unlocking" in the developer settings is turned on

Highlighted
lukgaucho77
Paper Tape
Views: 233
Message 2 of 2

Re: Lenovo Tab 7 Essential (TB-7304F) Bootloader

Hi, i want to use this tablet for the same reason......standard command found online doesn't work (fastboot oem unlock,fastboot oem unlock-go,fastboot flashing unlock).It seems that no oem command are not recognized. Also I try different adb driver or fastboot exe (Minimal ADB and Fastboot,platform-tools) with no success. No help from Lenovo Support  and i don't think security code is needed for bootloader unlock.A strange thing is that the only adb driver working for me is Alcatel ADB driver....

Holiday Deals
HAPPENING NOW!

Get the best deals on PCs and tech now during the Holiday Sale
Shop the sale