Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Tin_Man
Paper Tape
Views: 270
Message 1 of 7

Lenovo Tab M10HD TB-505F locked bootloader???

For God's sake why?? this tablet is wifi on a stick. It has nothing, not even a fingerprint scanner. So you can image my surprise when I got this new tablet hot off the truck... the Amazon truck that is, got it for a good black friday deal. I got it home all exited and hooked it up  to my computer and downloaded the most recent firmware and wanted to go ahead and put Magisk on it and to my surprise the bootloader is locked! And I've tried everything I could find on the internet, every variation of the fastboot flash command to try and get it unlocked with no luck. Even factory wiped it, even though it was already fresh and new, but no luck. How do I go about getting this thing unlocked?

Also, does anyone know anything about this OCZ barcode scan client download thingginy that pops up if you tap on some of the hardware info a few times? Or maybe what the hell is this FFBS boot mode when booting pressing vol+?

Yeah, I got into everything I could find on this thing, so I'll be **bleep** if I can't find a way to unlock the bootloader!

Tryas
Paper Tape
Views: 231
Message 2 of 7

Re: Lenovo Tab M10HD TB-505F locked bootloader???

Darn this is very depressing. I literally just got done charging mine, and after being unable to find a suitable firmware/stock-rom i opted to capture the OTA. As I was getting ready to patch the patch I came here and saw your post and realized I hadn't tried to unlock it yet (I own several motorola phones, cough lenovo, and they are unlockable without any effort. So I... ASSUMED this much less security-sensitive device would be the same.)

Tryas
Paper Tape
Views: 226
Message 3 of 7

Update:

I was able to unlock the bootloader.

fastboot oem unlock-go
Tin_Man
Paper Tape
Views: 207
Message 4 of 7

C:\temp>fastboot oem unlock-go
FAILED (remote: 'oem unlock is not allowed')
fastboot: error: Command failed

Negatory... still not unlocking for me. And you have this exact same model?
Tin_Man
Paper Tape
Views: 195
Message 5 of 7

O, and btw, to get firmwares I just used the Lenovo Moto Smart Assistant and initiate either the Upgrade or the Emergency repair processes and the software will download the roms and place them in C:\ProgramData\LMSA\Download\RomFiles

The Upgrade option will download the equivelent of the OTA but the Emerency repair will download one that has the firehouse file formats compatible with the QTIF flasher tool along with a fastboot batch script install. Usefull stuff, I'm currently looking into maybe attempting to overwrite the bootloader that way. You wouldn't by chance know a little bit more about this qtif tool would you?
TheJackofClubs
Fanfold Paper
Views: 178
Message 6 of 7

Bootloader unlocking is easy. 

1. Enable developer options. Go to about tablet and tap the build number until it says you are now a developer.

2. In developer options, check OEM unlocking. (fastboot oem unlock-go will fail if you dont do this)

3. Run adb reboot bootloader to go into fastboot

4. Run fastboot oem unlock-go

If you want easy root with magisk, stay on S001032 as you can download the full boot.img in Lenovo Moto Smart Assistant (LMSA) in windows using the rescue option. Install Magisk Manager on your tablet, patch the boot.img and flash it using fastboot flash boot magisk-patched.img.

S001034 can be retrieved using LMSA, but it only includes a boot.img.p patch and thats much harder to combine with the previous ota's boot.img to then pach with magisk.

Its a decent tablet as you can unlock the bootloader and root it easily. Im hoping for an android 10 update.

Tryas
Paper Tape
Views: 153
Message 7 of 7

I'm not certain why you got that response when attempting to unlock it, I unlocked it basically as quickly as my Moto G7.

I eventually discovered the LMSA images and then applied root successfully.

Once you acquire full-control it becomes a much nicer tablet

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors