English Community

Lenovo TabletsAndroid Yoga Series Tablets Knowledge Base

Yoga 10 tablet HD+ won't start or charge

In some cases, an IdeaPad Yoga 10 HD+ (B8080) system may not start properly, or might not charge properly. If you have experienced these symptoms, please follow this procedure to resolve the problem.

1.   Press and hold the Power button for 64 seconds.  (This will perform a soft system reset )
  2.   Update system to vision B8080_S102206_140922_ROW_3GData, B8080_S102207_140918_ROW_WiFi or above by OTA (Over-the-Air Technology).

For how to update system, please click  here.

3. Verify charging function to ensure unit is working normally

This is not the same as the factory reset option, and should not affect data.

If the issue remains after upgrading to this release or a newer one, please contact Lenovo Service for support.

Was this information helpful?

Yes No

Comments

jixer On 2014-12-17, 20:22 PM

MAKES YOU WONDER WHY LENOVO HAS LAUNCHED THE YOGA 2 ............... PROBABLY BECAUSE THE YOGA 10 HD ORIGINAL IS SO UNRELIABLE AND BREAKS DOWN WITHOUT RYHME OR REASON  AS PER THE ABOVE POST 

Deolly On 2015-01-05, 12:51 PM

Hi, I hae just started using my new yoga 10" talet about 10 days ago but currently it is no longer charging. I have tried charging it but not coming on. Can anyone help please? Thanks.

clare128 On 2015-01-10, 22:12 PM

My Yoga Tablet is stuck on the LENOVO screen and wont boot up any longer. Any suggestions? 

tomi-cz On 2015-01-11, 15:40 PM

good idea. My Yoga frozen. I pushed and pushed button, changed charger......

OK. I pushed power button, for cca 70 second, looks like nothing happened. Then I unplugged a pluged USB cord of charger. And tablet revived!! Yipee !!!   (Display showed 37 % of charge.) 

hecshe On 2015-01-14, 12:00 PM

My Yoga Tablet is stuck on the LENOVO screen. What I can do?

John24brown On 2015-02-02, 15:20 PM

I have the same problem with my B8000 Yoga 10' tablet in that after charging it overnight with the supplied charger, it now boots only as far as the Lenovo screen. If you hold the power button in for several seconds it will turn off and when plugged into the charger it shows only an empty battery. I have tried various USB chargers with the same outcome.

I also went into the system settings by holding the power and volume buttons simultaneously for a few seconds and found no options under system repair, only the symbol of an android lying on its back, so that's not a lot of use.

This unit is still under warranty. Are there any other suggestions for a cure to this problem before I'm forced to send it back.

vilibertucci On 2015-02-10, 20:45 PM

Also here in Italy I'm experiencing this problem on a few occasions it came back but toaday does not appear to charge, does not go past the Lenovo screen. The long hold power does nothing apart from going to the lenovo screen again and again.

The recovery option returs a "no command" .....

My unit is under warranty not even 6 months old...

Lenovo help ?

Thanks

John24brown On 2015-02-11, 9:28 AM
Hi

I phoned the Lenovo help line and they could not offer a way of repairing
but gave me a reference number to send the tablet back for repair or
replacement.
It was picked up two days ago as arranged but can take up to ten days to be
returned. Sorry I can't be of more help but I think this is the only option.

Regards

John

vilibertucci On 2015-02-11, 12:00 PM
Thanks for your reply.
I took it into the store where I purchased they are sending back to Lenovo.

Thanks
Vittorio

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Delete