English Community

Lenovo TabletsAndroid Yoga Series Tablets Knowledge Base

Yoga Tablet 2 Android: How to perform a factory reset

Question

How do I factory reset the Yoga 2 Tablet (Android)?

Answer

If you are able to boot into Android, you can go to Settings->Backup & reset:

Screenshot_BackupReset.png

Select Factory data reset at the bottom:

Screenshot_ResetMenu.png

Here you can check "Back up data before resetting", which will prompt you to back up to either your external sdcard (if you have one installed) or to Lenovo's SyncIt app (if you don't have an external sdcard card).  Otherwise, you check "Format internal SD card" to procede directly to the reset without backing up.  Make your selection, then tap the Reset tablet button to perform the reset (and optional backup if you selected the first option).

If you are unable to boot Android, you can still perform a factory reset from recovery.   Power off the tablet.  Then power the tablet back on while holding down both the Power and Volume Up buttons.  You will see the "Droidboot" menu:

DroidBoot.jpg

At the "Droidboot" menu, use the Volume Up and Down buttons to highlight "Recovery" in yellow, then press the Power button to select it.  The tablet will reboot into recovery.  In recovery, you'll be prompted to select a language (English or Chinese), then you will reach the recovery menu:

Recovery.jpg

Tap "wipe user data" here to perform the factory reset.  When it finishes, tap "reboot" to reboot into Android.

Was this information helpful?

Yes No

Comments

Qasstery On 2017-05-15, 5:59 AM

The factory reset are suitable for those who want to remove phoen data , but it can't be used to erase or wipe Android phone , because the data can be recovered on phone with recovery tool ,

Qasstery On 2017-05-19, 10:44 AM

Add in here, for these who want to erase data from Android by factory reset , the result is not very ideal ,after you done , the data still will be recovered

Hasmaerty On 2017-05-19, 10:57 AM

For  me , i don't like to factory reset my phone to erase data ,i don't know what do you think, but the factory program has no effect to me, even if i deleted data from phone by it , but in the end , after the data get back, i still have to use tool to delete them again , don't trouble?

Hasmaerty On 2017-05-19, 11:00 AM

For  me , i don't like to factory reset my phone to erase data ,i don't know what do you think, but the factory program has no effect to me, even if i deleted data from phone by it , but in the end , after the data get back, i still have to use tool to delete them again , don't trouble?

Hasmaerty On 2017-05-19, 11:01 AM

Jmamer On 2017-05-23, 2:25 AM

After you done , the phone data can be disapeared from phone, but not completely , the recovery tool still can restore them back on phone again , If you factory reset for format Android phone   , the factory reset isn't good way ,think of other ways

Qasstery On 2017-05-29, 7:30 AM

@ Hasmaerty 

What you say makes sense. i have a survey about the factory reset phone data ,

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Delete