cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Vijaythilak
Paper Tape
Views: 6,690
Message 1 of 9

Any pen technology not working in Yoga 3 8 tab.

Hi, I bought my tab yoga 3 8 android last week only, but the any pen feature is not working at all with anything other than a stylus.

Is there anyway to activate the feature. All other touch features seems to work perfectly.

I even tried lenovo companion app & ran all the diagnostic tests. All is OK. But no way to test this feature.

Need help !!!

Guru
Views: 6,601
Message 2 of 9

Re: Any pen technology not working in Yoga 3 8 tab.

There should be an option to toggle between On and Off in the Settings. It should look like this: large.jpg

Regards,
Eric Xu

I'm a Lenovo forums advocate and brand advocate (Lenovo INsider). I'm a volunteer; I don't work for Lenovo.

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!

If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!

Please read the Community Guidelines before posting. Include as much information as possible: model, machine type, operating system, and a descriptive subject line. Do not include personal information: serial number, telephone number, email address, etc.

Motorola   •IdeaPad   •ThinkPad   •Gaming   •ThinkCentre   •IdeaCentre   •Think Tablets   •Lenovo Tablets

Communities:    English English   Deutsche Deutsche    Español Español    Português Português    ru.gif Русскоязычное

HuckFinn
Fanfold Paper
Views: 6,573
Message 3 of 9

Where is this setting? I do not see it on my Yoga Tab 3 8. I am running the stock OS on the latest update.

arionly
Paper Tape
Views: 3,105
Message 4 of 9

Stylus not working with anypen technology and I've not found on off switch for any pen tech either. Some help please!

arionly
Paper Tape
Views: 3,105
Message 5 of 9

Did you receive aanswer to where this toggel switch is?

Caz_t
Blue Screen Again
Views: 2,441
Message 6 of 9

Have searched in all the settings options on my Lenovo yoga 3 tablet, cannot find the anypen icon anywhere. It says on the box it has this feature. Can someone advise where it can be found and activated please?

FivecmPrince
Paper Tape
Views: 1,541
Message 7 of 9

The anypen on my tab has also stopped working. I've got two yoga tabs and the anypen works on the newest one but not the oldest, which recently had a replacement screen. I've tried updating the system to see if that refreshes the drivers but nothing works. I want to use the older one as its got all my apps - any help? I also can't find the toggle option.

OThiest
What's DOS?
Views: 1,403
Message 8 of 9

(in response to Caz_t)

I had the exact same problem - no settings and none of my styluses work. Found the solution - the AnyPen tech doesn't work with pure-plastic stylus. Beats me why. Most stylus are made of pure plastic. The answer to making AnyPen work on the Lenovo Yoga Tab 3 tablet is to use a metal-tipped pen or a graphite-tipped pencil. The tech "learns" pretty quickly - the first few attempts may not work well, but the tablet soon learns that you're using a narrow-tipped stylus instead of a broad-tipped finger and adapts. Have fun!

Caz_t
Blue Screen Again
Views: 1,388
Message 9 of 9

Thanks for responding. I still cannot see how to get the Anypen technology function to work. I have tried using a graphite pen and metal ballpoint nib on the screen, nothing happens. I cannot find a setting to turn the function on. Still confused! I wish Lenovo would take some responsibility for answering questions about their products!

Thank you for your help and we'll done for discovering how to get yours working. The product details and packing on my Yoga 8 tablet says I should have this function, but it seems that I have not? I will try to get in touch with Lenovo direct.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors