Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

Lenovo TabletsAndroid Yoga Series Tablets
All Forum Topics
Options

14 Posts

04-09-2015

United States of America

38 Signins

327 Page Views

• Views: 327
  • Message 1 of 3

App shortcuts and widgets lost, though apps show as installed. How to restore shotcuts?

2015-07-23, 20:07 PM

I just updated to Android 5.0.1. The updated version no longer displays the shortcuts I had before, but I can still see the apps in the app manager. How do I restore the shortcuts/widgets? 

Options

14 Posts

04-09-2015

United States of America

38 Signins

327 Page Views

• Message 2 of 3

Re: App shortcuts and widgets lost, though apps show as installed. How to restore shotcuts?

2015-07-23, 21:19 PM

Found out how to bring up the widgets, though some I used to have are gone. I assume no way to bring them back?

Options

14 Posts

04-09-2015

United States of America

38 Signins

327 Page Views

• Message 3 of 3

Re: App shortcuts and widgets lost, though apps show as installed. How to restore shotcuts?

2015-07-27, 14:26 PM

To get back some of the shortcuts, I have had to uninstall and then re-install them individually again.this has worked for most of them, though it has been time consuming. I miss the Charles Schwab widget (the larger one with the market display right on the screen), which doesn't seem to be available anymore.

The one I cannot figure out is the video widget:  it first brought up the menu of all of my videos  (good!), but as soon as I played one, even to the end, the widget seems stuck on that particular video. The "return" arrow doesn't seem to work, and the only way I can change a video is to go to the file browser and invoke it from that. I really wish I could get back to the menu from the widget. I have tried uninstalling and re-installing the widget, but that didn't work. Any ideas to fix, or is this a bug? 

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms