Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
mingkiat
Paper Tape
Views: 1,355
Message 11 of 17

Re: How to install Google Apps on Lenovo TB-8804F (TAB 4 8 Plus) Chinese version?

I am using the prc version in Singapore too. I have given up trying to install google framework and use it primarily as my work tablet. Microsoft office and Outlooks works fine as well as most productivity tools.

i installed APKpure installer app in place of playstore. So far no complain except those app I purchase over at playstore cannot be used here...
JC24
Paper Tape
Views: 1,331
Message 12 of 17

Re: How to install Google Apps on Lenovo TB-8804F (TAB 4 8 Plus) Chinese version?

At last, I was able to root my TB-8804F tablet and flashed GAPPS without any problem.

Now, I have full Play Store and all the Google apps running perfectly fine on my tablet. It is such a great piece of hardware, and now with all the Google apps glory, I'm love using it as my primary tablet.

If you want to do the same, I posted some information on XDA.

https://forum.xda-developers.com/android/help/help-problem-getting-google-apps-lenovo-t3742548

Buffaloguy
Paper Tape
Views: 1,100
Message 13 of 17

Hi

I see that  you installed gapps.   I followed the  steps  and successfuly rooted my tab 4 10 plus.   When I installed gapps via twrp the installation  freezes on mounting system.   How were  you able to install gapps?   Thanks for any  assistance in advance. 

JC24
Paper Tape
Views: 1,084
Message 14 of 17

Hey there,

I'm assuming that you have used the version of TWRP that is compatible with your tablet, I'm not sure the version that I mentioned in my link would work with other tablets. So, make sure you have done it properly and its rooted correctly.

After you have done that, you can flash the gapps using TWRP, there are tons of videos on YouTube which shows how to Flash Images like GAPPS using TWRP, so have a look at them.

Another thing to check would be the correct CPU architecture and Android version when downloading GAPPS. I would suggest start with very bare minimum GAPPS package, I used pico variant in my case, because it has essential pack of apps that I need and then I downloaded and installed other apps from Play Store.)

Give it a try and hope it works for you.
Buffaloguy
Paper Tape
Views: 1,070
Message 15 of 17

Thanks for your response.  I have in the past installed Gapps on a number of tablets.  I am sure I have the right TWRP as I was able to root and backup and restore.  There seems to be an issue with the system parition being write protected.  I have tried every combination of mount and unmount with no success.  In all cases it freezes at mounting /system.  I tried your advice on the pico version.  No luck.  I just wanted to confirm that you had the Chinese model.  What did you use to root the tablet.  Anything done special in that regard?  Just looking for any potential missing step. I have the tab 4 10 plus.   Thanks again.

Steve

xmms
Paper Tape
Views: 945
Message 16 of 17

Hello, could you share a backup of the system and persist partitions for twrp?
CWNC
Paper Tape
Views: 243
Message 17 of 17

I found an interesting fix to this problem on the tb-8504f US version that may help you as well.

Out of the box I had google connection issues like described above that were not resolved by the bootloader wipe data/factory reset option.  They were resolved by the settings - backup & reset - factory data reset.

I can recreate the issue by running the bootloader factory reset again.  I had no idea that the two methods of factory reset were different but I definitely got different results.

I will also call back to Lenovo and inform them of this issue and resolution in hopes that they can resolve the poor OOBE.

Holiday Deals
HAPPENING NOW!

Get the best deals on PCs and tech now during the Holiday Sale
Shop the sale

Top Kudoed Authors