Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
OrangeGoglin
What's DOS?
Views: 433
Message 1 of 9

Image rotation is always out by 45 degrees

I have a Lenovo Yoga Tab 3 (yt3-x50f). When using apps like Skype or Messenger, the video is always 45 degrees rotated right. This means that when the tablet is sat on my table in the landscape, the video image is in portrait and rotated right. If I then move the tablet into portrait, it then moves into the landscape. This means the video is always being transmitted 45 degrees out of sync. I can see this at my end and the other person see the same thing at the other end. 

I have reset the device, reinstalled the apps, changed the image resolution of the camera yet it is always out by 45 degrees. This does not occur when using the camera on its own.

It only occurs when using apps, so it is not an app issue directly as this does not happen with my Samsung or any other device, just this Lenovo.

Sophiemo
Paper Tape
Views: 331
Message 2 of 9

Re: Image rotation is always out by 45 degrees

Is there a solution or update to solve this problem ?

Can't use messenger properly.

dyopri
Paper Tape
Views: 190
Message 3 of 9

I just bought Lenovo Yoga Tab 3 (YT3-X50M) and has the same issue. Looking for solutions everywhere but to no avail.

Jude4
Paper Tape
Views: 172
Message 4 of 9

Lenovo Yoga 3 - I would love to be able to video call my daughter on my Lenovo, but as the image is always on its side, it's not worth it. I have spent hours trawling through the web to find a solution, but I've not found one yet.

Social Support Agent
Social Support Agent
Views: 169
Message 5 of 9

Hi All,

Welcome to the community forums.

Does the issue occur out of the box? Since you've tried to reset the tablet, please try the following steps below.

Method 1.
Step 1: Touch Settings on Home screen.
Step 2: Tap Accessibility.
Step 3: Check to turn on Auto-rotate screen, uncheck to turn it off.
Steps 4. Reboot the tablet then turn on the auto-rotate function

Method 2: Reboot the device (press and hold Power button for few seconds, tap Power off; press and hold Power button until “Lenovo” logo shows), and turn on Auto-rotate function.

Method 3: Update system to the latest version (go to Settings, select About phone, tap System Update, tap Downloads and follow the additional tips), and turn on Auto-rotate function.

Method 4: Go to the nearest Lenovo customer service site for detection or repair. https://support.lenovo.com/us/en/solutions/ht118678?CID=ww:lenovosocial:20x9m6 (Filter by country)

Thanks!

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow @LenovoForums on Twitter!

Sophiemo
Paper Tape
Views: 114
Message 6 of 9

Hi all. II hav tried the solution mentioned above and it didn't work for me. I sent the tablet for repair, i have been told that nothing is wrong with the camera, its a software issue and got 1-800 number. Then i try to download video call apps. Like imo, viber, facebook lite as my regular messenger have a rotation video. Imo wasnt working straight for me but viber and messenger lite was perfect video call. Hope this can help you.

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 97
Message 7 of 9

Hi all,

I'm late to the party, but should the subject be edited to say 90 degrees, or is it really rotated 45 degrees (as the pic below)?  Apologies if this seems like a silly question, but a 45 degree rotation would be rather surprising - and probably worth emphasizing.

Z.

Miix 700 HDMI Audio RESIZED ROTATED.jpg

The large print: please read the Community Participation Rules before posting. Include as much information as possible: model, machine type, operating system, and a descriptive subject line. Do not include personal information: serial number, telephone number, email address, etc.

The fine print: I do not work for, nor do I speak for Lenovo. Unsolicited private messages will be ignored - questions and answers belong in the forum so that others may contribute and benefit. ... GeezBlog

Communities:   English    Deutsche    Español    Português    Русскоязычное    Česká    Slovenská    Українська   Moto English

dyopri
Paper Tape
Views: 81
Message 8 of 9

I tried it to "YIPPI" app and it works fine. I think fb messenger and other apps were not configured with YT3.

Sophiemo
Paper Tape
Views: 68
Message 9 of 9

Glad to hear you got it sorted. 👍 Also with messenger Lite i have to be the one calling to have the video straight. If i receive the messenger call the video is side way.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors