Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
LuisCQ
Paper Tape
Views: 1,697
Message 1 of 6

Lenovo YT3 850f Battery charge not recognized

I have a Lenovo YT3 850f that crashed after attempting to upgrade to android 6.0. I brought it back to factory settings using "YT3-850F_USR_S000025_1510160911_Q1241_ROW_factory_update".
The issue I have now its that when I power on the tablet and the system starts up it shuts down soon after because it does not recognize the charge in the battery. If turned on while plugged in I can run initial settings but still shuts down a few seconds later saying battery power is too low and charge showing as charging but at 0%

The battery charges just fine when plugged into the cord "slow white flashing light" and I can keep it on for hours under the bootloader screen or under recovery mode without the tablet being plugged in, in fact I've never reached a point in which it turned off on its own with those two methods.

I have already tried such things as holding down power button for 20-30 seconds but since not turning on at all isn't the issue all that does is turn the tablet on and off a few times. I tried to use fastboot and adb to look into it but adb does not recognize the device and what I can do with fastboot is extremely limited since I don't get enough time with the tablet being on to go into the settings and turn on developer mode.

Anyone have any ideas as to how I can get the system to recognize that the battery is charged?

LuisCQ
Paper Tape
Views: 1,584
Message 2 of 6

Re: Lenovo YT3 850f Battery charge not recognized

After over 10 hours or so of keeping the tablet on bootloader mode to drain the battery it finally started to turn off on its own while I slept. I woke up and kept turning it on until it just wouldn't anymore and tried the power button being held down then connecting it to the cord and holding it down again, it simply started turning on normally but the system still doesn't recognize that the battery is charging.
It turns on and during initial settings shuts down saying battery charge is 0%, even tho it is actually charging, system just won't recognize it, anyone know how to fix this?
Sahil_Bhatt
Blue Screen Again
Views: 1,028
Message 3 of 6

I have exact same issue with my Tab 3 8 850f. Could you please let me know if you have found any fix?
Sahil_Bhatt
Blue Screen Again
Views: 1,021
Message 4 of 6

I have exact same issue with my Tab 3 8 850f. Could you please let me know if you have found any fix?

Social Support Agent
Social Support Agent
Views: 903
Message 5 of 6

Hi Sahil,

Greetings from Lenovo.

As you have mentioned about the issue, have you tried connecting different adapter check if the charging port is damaged.

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Mindyyzz
What's DOS?
Views: 537
Message 6 of 6

Hi i have same problem.I change battery and it charge again.

And we're back...

Move delayed but still coming

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors