Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
nobody333
Paper Tape
Views: 88,301
Message 1 of 45

Lenovo Yoga 10 Tablet - Factory Rom

Hi,

I am hoping someone from the lenovo support staff is reading this forum and can help me.

I toyed around bit to much in the android debugging console and did a "wipe all" instead of a "wipe data", while the /system partition was mounted read-write.

After this I left myself with an empty and non backuped /system partition.

Is there any way that lenovo can provide me with a flashable zip of the factory shipped rom, that I can flash onto the device using adb sideload?

The recovery is still booting via -> META MODE + adb reboot recovery, so I think the reflashing via sideload should work too..

My device ihas the model  number: 60046 and the serial number: xxxxx and was bought via amazon.de on 11-16-2013, shipped 11-18-2013. Proof of ownership can be provided via the delivery receipt.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Moderator comment: Serial number(s) removed to protect member from mischief.

nobody333
Paper Tape
Views: 88,348
Message 2 of 45

Re: Lenovo Yoga 10 Tablet - Factory Rom

Update on the issue:

I found an image at http://lenovo-forums.ru/topic/3182-rom-yoga-10-a422-000-040-131023-ww-wifi/ .

The system.img can be flashed via adb sideload. It is also possible to flash the whole tablet vi SP Flash Tool from mediatek, as long as you haven't destroyed the Preloader yet, if the recovery image isn't booting anymore.

Problem is solve on my side.

BTW.: contacted the german lenovo support via email on the matter. They didn't even bother to write back. Paints a very ugly picture of customer appreciation. Definetly my last Lenovo Device.

SeanRinVA
What's DOS?
Views: 87,886
Message 3 of 45

Which link was it that you used?  I can't read Russian.

tcoleminnie
Paper Tape
Views: 87,869
Message 4 of 45

I used google chrome and it asks you if you want to change to another language.

Tommygunz555
Fanfold Paper
Views: 87,680
Message 5 of 45

I register with lenovo but it wouldnt let me download can someone help me or point me where to download the rom 

thank 

nobody333
Paper Tape
Views: 87,667
Message 6 of 45

Here's what I did:

[edit] The russian forum site does behave strangly when I browse it via opera and firefox (both are heavy customized on my site). To get it functioning correctly, I need to use chrome (I always keep chrome clean for testing purposses). Can't say anything about IE since I don't use windows. [\edit]

I registered an account on the russian lenovo forum via the green button in the top right corner.

I used google translate to get the essetials needed for the registration in english.

After you confirmed the account via a link send to you by email, you can login via the   "Вход"  button.

When you're logged in, klick "Скачать: с нашего форума" to get to the download page and the green "Скачать" button again to start the download.

You have to accept the license agreement by scrolling down and hit the grey button on the left side.

This will take you to the actual download link. Another klick on the green "Скачать" button and the download starts.

I get this link to the file:

http://lenovo-forums.ru/files/get/8b00762cca0bf53acec15a750c73ace1/1679-Yoga_tablet_10_A422_000_040_...

but it doesn't work, unless yoyur logged in. I also gues that the link is created dynamically.

Hope that helps.

BTW: I finally dicided to put the yoga 10 on ebay and got me a galaxy note 10.1 2014 edition - much better choice, should have gone that way from the beginning. Samsung provides everything you need to install a custom recovery to backup your system and flash (custom) roms. A cool exterior design doesn't make up for entry level hardware and bad support.

Tommygunz555
Fanfold Paper
Views: 87,635
Message 7 of 45

thank you . that work 

nobody333
Paper Tape
Views: 87,601
Message 8 of 45

Glad to be of help.

punkzy
What's DOS?
Views: 86,711
Message 9 of 45

Hello I'm French so the translator helps me.
I bought a tablet yoga 10 and I can not make the current implementation to date. It downloads and when the tablet reboots to install the update bein tablet'm just constantly reboot and not accesses the recovery well.
Could you give me a hand thank you in advance.

eap16081977
Paper Tape
Views: 86,675
Message 10 of 45

Hello.

I'm not sure if the above will apply to my problem. I recemtly porchased a Yoga 10 inch tablet. it has worked perfectly until today. It was turned off, and when I tried turning it on. All i got was a black screen, with the word 'LENOVO' in white.

In the bottom left hand corner it says. 'The device is in META MODE. Long press the power button to normal boot'. I have tried this a number of times, but nothing happens. All i can see is the black screen with lenovo showing. Any help would be gratefully appreciated.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors