Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
xTeChN0
Token Ring
Views: 10,210
Message 1 of 21

Lenovo Yoga Tab 3 PLUS Screen turns on by itself

The headline speaks for itself. Sometimes and seems randomly when I put my tablet to stand by mode (pushing the power button on the left to turn off the screen) it will turn the screen back on. It is just as I would push the button again, but I have made sure that I did not push it and it still turns on sometimes. It does not happen very often, but it seems to happen only just after turning the screen off. Does not happen when the screen have been off for a while.

Just wanted to start a separate topic for this.

And just in case I will add that it would be nice to get a better update than the latest one where previous issues were fixed, but instead of those problems we got a bigger problem now which is battery drain. This is just plain stupid. Probably not buying any lenovo products again. FIX THIS and then CHECK and then RECHEK that it actually WORKS and does not make anything WORSE!!! And start giving feedback about issues.

tombraga2016
802.11n
Views: 10,045
Message 2 of 21

Re: Lenovo Yoga Tab 3 PLUS Screen turns on by itself

... FIX THIS and then CHECK and then RECHEK that it actually WORKS and does not make anything WORSE!!! And start giving feedback about issues....

This all should be normal for a supplier but in the case of Lenovo it will remain a dream, i am afraid.

jei13
Punch Card
Views: 9,965
Message 3 of 21

Guess what, my new Yoga Tab 3 Plus on latest firmware YT-X703F_S000725_161230_ROW also had this problem. At times when I press the button to put it to sleep, it would immediately wake up. Obviously this sounds like a defect (software related?). Anyone else experience this? If so, only after the latest update? Or also before?

I don't know if this issue is related to another wake problem one I was having: when the tablet is asleep, it would wake up if I moved it around (posted in another thread).

Even factory reset did not fix these problems.

xTeChN0
Token Ring
Views: 9,938
Message 4 of 21

My PLUS did this right out of the box. And this is before the latest update, because I did not update it. I read about battery drain that is caused by new update and decided that updating is not worth it yet. And yes it seems that it happens when you put tablet to sleep and move it. After you put it down on the table and put it to sleep then i stays asleep. And it actually happens very often. Like there was something wrong with some sensors which detect movement.

And the tablet I have is version with wifi only.

jei13
Punch Card
Views: 9,897
Message 5 of 21

Mine is also the wifi only version YT-X703F. Now we know that this issue happens on the older and newer (latest) firmware versions, and seems like it's not isolated either. Hopefully someone at Lenovo can comment on this behaviour?

FYI, other thread regarding unwanted wake issue for the Yoga Tab 3 Plus: https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Android-Yoga-Series-Tablets/Yoga-tab-3-plus-wakes-up-automatically/td-p...

moralev21
What's DOS?
Views: 9,859
Message 6 of 21

My device is also affected by this bug.  Even the simple motion of picking it up when on standby is enough to wake it up.

I have not updated to the latest firmware as apparently it doesn't resolve the issue and instead it introduces reported battery drain problems.

So currently suffering from this bug as well as the youtube sync problem until a patch is released, disappointing, as otherwise I'd be very happy and was even considering purchasing 2 more devices for family members.

Sandstorm
Paper Tape
Views: 9,779
Message 7 of 21

I have the same issue myself, but ive been using the greenify app on my other stuff to make my battery last longer.

So ive enabled the aggresive doze and automated hibernation, and it seems to have worked! It does have a option to be

used with and without root, so theres no issue with that, but with it it may stop a few notifications from going through till you turn on the lenovo tab 3 plus again. Havent seen it turn on itself soon as i picked it up.I hope they make a offical update to it soon, I really like the tablet.

jei13
Punch Card
Views: 9,765
Message 8 of 21

@Sandstorm, thanks for the possible workaround.  So with aggressive doze and auto hibernation enabled, your device hasn't turned on by itself anymore? Even with more pronounced movements? And it hasn't turned itself on immediately after putting it to sleep? Wish I could test this but I don't have my tablet with me.

(BTW, on a different topic, are you on the latest update? If so, does this Greenify workaround help with the infamous battery drain while idle issue?)

Sandstorm
Paper Tape
Views: 9,754
Message 9 of 21

@jei13 Im not sure about the battery drain issue, tho ive read its realated to the lockscren itself. The way to get around the battery drain is to let the tablet turn off itself. Havent had it turn on after a good minute of spinning it like a Dj, tho i gave it a minute before picking it up again. An yes im fully upated to the newest build 161230_ROW.

margitai
Blue Screen Again
Views: 9,648
Message 10 of 21

I have same problem with our tab3 plus

And we're back...

Move delayed but still coming

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors