GB

3 Signins

35 Page Views

• Views: 35
  • Message 1 of 6

Yoga Tab 3 PLUS // YT-X703f Latest Update Errors

2020-04-25, 5:29 AM

Device been in service twice already.

And even now I get light flickering on the screen and wi-fi drops now and then ( every 5-10 min like )

Anyway

I've got the update to Android 7 last winter, everything worked fine.

2 nights ago I've got a forced notification to update were I pressed OK by mistake without reading more about it.

Device just died after, got stuck on bootloading ( Lenovo Logo ) for hours.

Hit the Hard Reset several times and it started again, with a different loadimage and everything on my desktop gone, even if I change them.

After the mysterious update I've noticed problems like:

-can't access smart notification bar ( I can slide the bar down to see the main icons, but that's all, I can't slide it more down to see extras )

-every time when it gets into OS after powerON I get a strange loud sound for 1-2 sec ( something similar to a lound "ding" ).

-I get thr highlight and vibrations when I press home and recent apps button but nothing happens.

- doesn't seems to read the touch pad properly, feels like double-tapping

-notification LED keep blinking slowly like I have any notification

-I tried to install Lenovo Help from PS and I've noticed I click on download/install, I can see it starting to download/install and nothing happens ( tried different apps and nothing happens )

I will put the current software version after the update:

"You have the latest system update"

YT-X703F_S120019_200316_ROW

Software : YT-X703F_RF01_170721

Kernel : 3.10.84-perf

What can I do ?!

On the warranty page I've read something to start system and long press Volume Up to get into self-diagnosis, but it doesn't work.

Options

2 Posts

04-25-2020

GB

3 Signins

35 Page Views

• Views: 35
  • Message 2 of 6

Yoga Tab 3 PLUS // YT-X703f Latest Update Errors

2020-04-25, 6:52 AM
*Update After several hard Factory resets it working properly but .... I just sticked back the memory card ( been in the tablet since purchase) and it does not recogniseit. - Unsupported card format. I don't want to format the card as I have dozens of GB of data on. Why the "newly" OS doesn't recognize my old MC ?! Thanks
Options

1 Posts

04-25-2020

CA

1 Signins

10 Page Views

• Views: 10
  • Message 3 of 6

Re:Yoga Tab 3 PLUS // YT-X703f Latest Update Errors

2020-04-25, 15:36 PM

I have the same issues. It updated last night and I have lost all the desktop and no functionality. I have searched how to rollback but can not find any links. Can someone post links. 

Lenovo YT-X703F

software YT-X703RF01170721

Android version 7.1.1

Options

3 Posts

05-04-2020

AU

5 Signins

25 Page Views

• Views: 25
  • Message 4 of 6

2020-05-14, 1:04 AM

I wonder if anyone @ Lenovo will get back to us as to what the 1.6GB update actually did ?

Options

7 Posts

04-16-2017

DE

37 Signins

181 Page Views

• Views: 181
  • Message 5 of 6

2020-06-06, 13:35 PM

I just got the update while watching Netflix on my tablet. I'm not sure if I pressed OK, but in the middle of the movie it just showed a notification that the tablet will restart in some seconds and I pressed "restart now". I did not see any update progress bar during reboot but a very long lasting "Starting Android". Once it started the home screen was nuked and the SD card seems to be not recognized. What is worse is that a message keep popping up saying that "com.android.phone" has crashed.. making the tables unusable now.. The system update seems to be downloading again though.. 

I did not expect to see any updates anymore.. especially after the sketchy update to Android 7 that has been denied by Lenovo that it ever existed for some unknown reason.. If this is the new way they want to force you to buy a new tabled, by bricking your old one with a software update.. that will have serious consequences.. 

I'm still waiting for the update to finish downloading.. I really hope this time it will go trough.. I also really hope the SD card will start working again.. I had somewhere around 80GB of stuff on my SD card.. thank you Lenovo for the data loss.. 

Options

3 Posts

08-15-2020

RO

5 Signins

45 Page Views

• Views: 45
  • Message 6 of 6

2020-09-07, 14:02 PM

Hi yes mine as well after the update to 7.1 **bleep** started to happen.now my battery does not charge very very slow. My guy told me that it is a motherboard chip problem

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete