cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MRXthe5
Paper Tape
Views: 36,900
Message 1 of 17

Lenovo Yoga Tab 3 Plus Android 8.0 Oreo Update?

Hello there,

I just want to know if there are any plans for updating the YT3 Plus to Android 8.0 or higher? I did some google research but can't find any information about the update plans for lenovo yoga tablets. Hopefully some of you guys can help me out. My YT3 Plus runs on Android 7.1.1 officialy updated last year. Thanks for your help.

TheChronosus
Paper Tape
Views: 36,890
Message 2 of 17

Re: Lenovo Yoga Tab 3 Plus Android 8.0 Oreo Update?

No plans to update anything ever again, seems like. Be happy you got upgrade to 7. Some of us are stuck on 6.

MRXthe5
Paper Tape
Views: 36,622
Message 3 of 17

yeah Lenovo update service is freakin slow...unfortunately.

TheChronosus
Paper Tape
Views: 36,612
Message 4 of 17

Try nonexistent. My tablet shipped when new with Android 6 a year ago, and didn't get nor will it get an upgrade.

Danixu
Fanfold Paper
Views: 36,474
Message 5 of 17

I don't think that Lenovo will release a Oreo ROM for this tablet... It has released a bugged Nougat version two months later of the Oreo release, and looks like there's no plan to fix that version. That's why some people stuck on Android 6.0.

Hereje14
Paper Tape
Views: 29,136
Message 6 of 17

Nope because they don't care about customers,so they will let us in ice age , I will never ever again buy lenovo and never recommend any lenovo product to no one

Painful experience

Stevemeks
What's DOS?
Views: 15,785
Message 7 of 17

Becoming increasingly useless as I can hardly do anything meaningful my tablet anymore. I am regretting ever buying lenovo I will never recommend to anyone I am stuck. I am stuck with version 6 .

Hereje14
Paper Tape
Views: 15,733
Message 8 of 17

Sharing the feeling, a couple of hours ago posted it on eBay, sick and tired of this OS. .  It's 2019 for gods sake 

Worst purchase in all my lifetime, regret every single moment 

neteditor
Paper Tape
Views: 13,740
Message 9 of 17

My Yoga tab (YT3-X50F) is still on Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow.

This OS is no longer supported.

Please send out an update to a more recent version of Android. This issue is now making certain apps virtually unusable and developers refuse to assist as the OS is not supported!

I have to say, the terrible lack of support from Lenovo is the reason I will never again by a Lenovo product (and this is someone who has 4 Lenovo tablets and 2 laptops in the house). 

Highlighted
Danixu
Fanfold Paper
Views: 11,404
Message 10 of 17

Hello,

Finally I've after see that our Tablet will not get any update and the 7.1 update is full of bugs and battery drains, I've decided to go to dark side. I've searched on XDA for a ROM for this tablet, and there's a official LineageOS Rom v16 (Android 9). Is official by LineageOS developers not Lenovo, so if you wish to install this ROM, you've to unlock your tablet (loosing your warranty), and also loose some lenovo things like Screen and audio cast, and Dolby. For me there's no problem because is not my first Custom firmware and Viper2Android is enougth to have a good sound.

Screenshot_20190313-203455_Ajustes.png

Is much faster (my table was laggy with original ROM), and have less bugs, so if you don't care about your warranty and some other stuff, just search on XDA for this ROM. Of course you need some knowledges about computers to follow the guide.

Greetings!!

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors