cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Hereje14
Paper Tape
Views: 798
Message 11 of 17

Re: Lenovo Yoga Tab 3 Plus Android 8.0 Oreo Update?

y el proyector?

Danixu
Fanfold Paper
Views: 792
Message 12 of 17

El mío no tiene, así que no sabría decirte. Quizá se pueda preguntar en el post de la ROM.

Yo como lo uso para jugar, escuchar música, ver Netflix y navegar por Internet, no me importa mucho perder las apps de Lenovo.

Un saludo

netia
Core Memory
Views: 785
Message 13 of 17

@Danixu

Thank you for sharing the info about your (unofficial) upgrade to Android 9 with us !  

Since the warranty of my Lenovo Tab 3 Plus is going to be over in 2 months -  I'm slowly getting ready to flash my tab and install a custom ROM too.

Have never done such thing on Android before,  so the info you posted above seems priceless to me !

Could you please be so kind and send me (please, use PM if you don't want posting it directly in this thread)  the links to the XDA thread + the ROM download ? [ however my tablet is slightly different than yours since it's got a modem inside - YT X703L ] 

A few more questions :

1. Is the issue with excessive battery drainage gone completely / nonexistant after you've installed your custom ROM ?

2. Is camera working properly ?  (it was initially Android Nougat problem too)

3. Is the sound quality worse after losing access to Dolby app ?

Any other useful info will be greatly appreciated too. 

Thanks in advance for your help.  Smiley Happy

Highlighted
Danixu
Fanfold Paper
Views: 752
Message 14 of 17

Hello,

To be honest, unlock this tablet was easier than my old two phones.

About the battery drain, I'm using this ROM for a day, so for now I can only say that in sleep mode uses about 1% every three hours, and playing games about 6% every hour. Of course for now is soon because Android must accommodate and I've to test medium tasks like watch Netflix or navigate in Internet (more than sleep but less than games).

About the sound, viper4Ansroid is a very good sound mod, so the sound is very customizable and has a great sound too (high volume too).

I need some time to join all the things you've to do to install it, and also I'll research the way to back to official rom (should be possible, because on both phones I've unlocked I was able to install back the official rom).

Greetings

netia
Core Memory
Views: 743
Message 15 of 17

Thanks for the fast reaction.

@Danixu, it's no rush here at all.  So take your time and keep testing your new rom thoroughly. A week, two.or even three doesn't make much difference for me.

Only after that - please don't forget sharing your impressions and findings.

I'm very eager to learn them...

Cheers !  Smiley Tongue

Danixu
Fanfold Paper
Views: 717
Message 16 of 17

Well after some research I've found a module for Magisk (systemless root) that adds support for Dolby sound mod.

Screenshot_20190314-232706_Dolby.png

About the battery, for now.

Screenshot_20190314-233506_Ajustes.png

I'll still investigating, but for now it works fine.

Greetings

ipopox00
Punch Card
Views: 281
Message 17 of 17

Hola Dani, de donde sos? Quiero hacer un update a mi yoga tab 3 plus xq la batería tiene un drain terrible después del update a Nougat.

Tengo buenos conocimientos técnicos e hice varios custom rom pero en este caso me parece un quilombo  o tal vez no leí tranquilo las explicaciones .

Me recomendas el upgrade? La uso para ver Netflix  YouTube y Cablevison Flow  mucho más.

Abrazo 

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors